New virus protection renewal

My AVG virus protection is due for renewal this week. Current offer is £40.00 for the year.

2 x PC’s an iPad and 2 x iPhone is what we need.

Are there better products out there ?

I moved from Kaspersky to Bitdefender Total Security earlier this year. A bit more annoying than K, with more frequent update /reboots, but seems to do the trick.
Cheaper than your AVG quote too.

EDIT - just checked, got a download code from Mustech on ebay for £27.49, 1 year, 10 devices (multiple types), inc. unlimited VPN.

1 Like

I use Trend Micro and it’s very unobtrusive but Bitdefender is getting all the best reviews and scores at the moment.

1 Like

If you’re with Nat West Bank or RBS, you can get Malwarebytes Premium av gratis.

No, no access through these but tnx

I just use Defender

8 Likes

Yeah, when I used AVG, it quite often bugged out after Windoze updates. On one of those occasions I called the M’soft help desk for assistance.
They said third party anti-virus software was not needed, because Defender would be adequate.

So, I uninstalled AVG and I’ve had neither virus or windows update issues since.

2 Likes

There’s also the “and don’t click random links like a fucking moron” point that probably needs to be said…

2 Likes

Yes, not clicking on shit works, free too.

Just realised it’s not even called Defender any more. Anyway, the built in thing.