New Wam Show Site

Rather belies that the charm of Scalford wasn’t 1st class transport links for the world’s hifi journalists.

It was about sawing speakers up and having school dinners served by Mrs Overall

My favourite ever Scalford moment was being on the ticket table with @gthang having to listen to a 10 minute rant from a fella who couldn’t get his car out of the ditch he’d parked in up the road. Literal Partridge shrug.

15 Likes

Doh…and there was me thinking it was carrying my Acapellas up the stairs. :joy:

2 Likes

Best Scalford moment=fountain, surely?

Tickets are still available on the show page, at the discounted rate of £10 per ticket, and also on the door, at the standard price of £12.50 per ticket.

Some fabulous auction items, including a brand new Audio Note Cobra integrated amp, kindly donated by Audio Note themselves. They will also be exhibiting a system which includes development open lid products.

All proceeds from the auction and raffle go to this year’s chosen charity, the Douglas Macmillan hospice in Stoke.

6 Likes

I am doing a room, not done one since Scalford.

10 Likes

Wot yer doing?

Well …

You arrive in Shropshire on the Friday. Time to settle in Saturday.

The WAM show is on the Sunday - only an hour away.

Come on, I’ll be going. I’ll drive.

I want to be there when the tannoy announces “Sodders has entered the building” :joy: :joy: :joy:

6 Likes

Accompanied by the Imperial March!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TheseHideousBufeo-max-1mb.gif
More like.

Expect I’ll go. Decide closer depending on plans. Happy to take the second leg of a trip if anyone east of me can get to Notts.

Very kind offer Mick, but I’m so over hifi it almost hurts, plus Sam wouldn’t exactly be best impressed, she’s even more pissed-off with the fake-wam contingent than I am :laughing:

1 Like

Taking my pretty much 95% Rega system.

5 Likes

Quick update. Online ticket bookings remain available until Monday the 26th September. This is at the discounted rate of £10 per ticket. After this, tickets are available on the door for £12.50.

2 Likes

Great weekend, went really well, well done to the organisers they did a great job.

9 Likes

Interesting hotel features.

7 Likes

Yeah, really good day.
The hotel did have that feel of Scalford Hall about it, a faded glory and rabbit warren of corridors.

4 Likes

Not many systems there then…?

1 Like

Only one worth visiting really…. :grinning:

5 Likes

Show guide lists 25 plus two trade rooms.
Not as big or busy as Scalford but still a special, unique thing.

2 Likes

glad everyone enjoyed themselves :+1:

1 Like