New Wam Show Site

https://show.hifiwigwam.com/

2 Likes

Stoke, tho’…

and a Britannia hotel…

1 Like

I think it has good potential, I really miss the ramshackle Scalford, it was of it’s time and a thing, but stuff changes.

4 Likes

Worth the trip to see the toilets, best bogs in the uk for my money in the north staffs hotel

It’s an inspired choice for a show though, 30 yards from the train station, 10 mins from the m6, food and beer plentiful and cheap, accommodation also cheap

What is not to love

5 Likes

I have promised the wife that I will bugger off for a weekend so that she can have some “her time” / get blind drunk / have steamy assignation with Ramon the love rat.

I had mooted the weekend of the 1st / 2nd October and was wondering about maybe going to Malvern (because that’s where I’m from). Where the feck is Stoke?

1 Like

Don’t know, I’ve never knowingly been there :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Somewhere near Norf, wherever that is :+1:

1 Like

Next door to Newcastle

1 Like

North Stafford Hotel

Station Road

Stoke-On-Trent

ST4 2AE

Home of Stokie Steve

4 Likes

It’s no where near the north. It’s midlands at best. And more Welsh than north.

It’s halfway between Birmingham and Manchester = Norf :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have the meh.

Twas a good thing. I shall remember the good thing.

2 Likes

I used to live there 20+ yrs ago, less than half a mile from the station.

I do not miss the place.

Can you still buy a house there for a tenner?

ÂŁ12 these days

1 Like

Just had a look, a house on the road i lived on sold for ÂŁ41k in 2020. Red brick, turn of the century mid terrace.

1 Like

I have driven through Stoke a few times on the way over to visit Borats - nothing I saw suggested anything other than doors-locked-and-keep-moving…

That said, iirc Bourney lives there, and he’s sound-as, so perhaps it’s not all bad…

1 Like

If you don’t need a mortgage for a muffin I’m out.