Obituaries

Rule Britannia

RIP Jordan.

4 Likes

1 Like

Very suprised to find she lived a few miles from here

1 Like

Remember her from Sex in the Kings Road - best of times, never thought we’d grow old back then… RIP

I bet she wouldn’t dissect little Willie…

Increasingly struggling with the inevitability of growing old.

So many of my heroes. Dead
So many of my family. Dead
Too many of my friends. Dead

My own mortality is enforced with every death.
Fuck death. Fuck life.

2 Likes

I saw this picture of her earlier today. Must be late 40’s early fifties given that she was born in 1927.

7 Likes
3 Likes

RIP Mr Benn:frowning_face:

10 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear:

“As if by magic, the undertaker appeared…”

12 Likes

Oof…!

Used to love Mr Ben.

2 Likes

Only just seen he was from Tavistock.

1 Like

Maybe not the household name as many on here are but this lady fully deserves to be remembered

12 Likes

Sadly Charnett Moffettt …bass player of note passed away on the 12th so young at 54.

1 Like

RIP Klaus Schulze :cry:

10 Likes

I was lucky enough to see EW & F playing live in Las Vegas when the owner of Monster Cables hosted a function they played at. It wouldn’t normally have been my kind of thing but they were fantastic. 15 of them on stage, a great pa and not too huge a venue. One of those bands whose repertoire and range was vast yet surprisingly familiar.

12 Likes

Today I say goodbye to ‘Dangerous Dave’, AKA ‘The Happy Homunculus’. No, he wasn’t famous, or even notorious, but he was a nice guy, patient, tolerant, diligent, self-effacing, clever, a square peg in a round world, a 5’ Monster Of Rock, an original, The Real Deal, with love in his heart for some things that some people used to think mattered, and FWLIM, one of my Slaves, back when I childishly thought it was hilarious to call volunteers that…

Fucksake. He was only 40.

Too much death, man, and never the right people.

Rock-on, Dave.

11 Likes

Condolences Paul - 40 is no age at al. I’ll raise a glass to him and all the other good people taken too soon. :beer:

3 Likes