Obituaries

Not forgetting Les Kellett !

4 Likes

Who?

Before your time :wink:.

1 Like

Bless him. And of course Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks.

1 Like
4 Likes

I remember mum was absolutely convinced that these fights were “to the death “.

Bless her.

3 Likes

There was always a gang of old ladies with handbags and Mary Whitehouse glasses in the front row baying for the baddies blood.

2 Likes

Cry Baby Jim Breaks, Kojak Kirk, Judo Pete Roberts, Johnny Logan, Pat Roach. It really was a travelling circus. I recall going once when it came to town & saw Kendo N, Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy on the same bill. Very entertaining evening although you’d only want to go once.

5 Likes

Johnny two rivers

2 Likes

Steve Veidor (good looking nice guy as opposed to evil villain) used to be seen having a pint in my Brother’s local from time to time

Bert Royal and Vic Faulkner, their dad Lew Faulkner owned a pub at Breightmet near Bolton, never any trouble in there.

Not wrestling, I know, but when he wasn’t stringing people up, Albert Pierrepont ran the Help The Poor Struggler in Oldham, then The Rose & Crown in Much Hoole. Bet there wasn’t much aggro in those either.

1 Like
2 Likes

Proper commentator !! R.I.P

Sad to hear this :frowning_face:.

His uncle managed a hardware shop in Boston, my home town, and my step-dad, who was a fastenings rep for GKN, supplied them with stuff. The young Motty was a frequent visitor and his uncle was rightly proud of him.

The voice of football rip.

Fucks sake. Motty is Football for me, same with Murray Walker and F1.

2 Likes

Motty, Barry Davies and Brian Moore were the pinnacle of football commentary.

I can’t see Jonathan fucking Pearce being held in such high regard in years to come.

:frowning:

1 Like

Always thought he was a cunt

6 Likes

That should have been their obituary . :grinning:

3 Likes