Obituaries

Oh shit, Andrew Weatherall :frowning_face:

I feel a little bit sad now. Screamadelica was dead good. Saw them play it live in Brixton a few years ago. Super night it was.

Really sad about this. His own work and his producer-for-hire work from the late 1980s and early 1990s is peerless.

3 Likes

Haunted Dancehall tonight then :frowning_face:

2 Likes

This is fucking tragic. One less musical shaman. Ceremonial robes and headgear going on tonight.

1 Like

Very sad. I saw Primal Scream when they released Screamadelica, in Manchester, and he was dj’ing also. His work was one of the things that considerably broadened my musical horizons.

1 Like

Absolute shocker

His Monthly NTS slot Musics not for Everyone was always a must listen.

2 Likes

Devastated. One of my favourite dance music artists. He could rock a party like very few others. Always one step ahead.

1 Like

Many a night and day rocking to his selections, a messy stag day and night at brixton academy springs to mind

3 Likes

Gutted, I don’t usually join in on these things but gutted. Andy’s contribution to music had depth and breadth.

8 Likes

More sad news.

6 Likes

Sad to report actor John Shrapnel died last Friday. He was a lovely guy and a neigbour. He was married to Deborah Kerr’s daughter. If you are not sure of the name you will know the face. Here he is in Gladiator.

john

6 Likes

I’m afraid another one - somewhat controversial but a character all the same.
Columnist Wilfred De’Ath on February 19th, aged 82.

I read that he was actually descended from the Major General Henry Shrapnel who gave that material its name,

12 Likes

I think he put it well.

What a great piece. Heartfelt.

2 Likes

Very sad. Just been listening to them recently for the first time in ages. Such beautiful music.

3 Likes