Once in a lifetime / bucket list stuff

Gotta be honest, thought it was a fair bit more expensive than that - like, a-1-in-front-of-it more, so no-brainer, life is short, and you can’t take it with you.

If I was actually earning any money, and wasn’t spunking most of what I do have left on a ruin, I’d not hesitate :ok_hand:

And don’t stint: go full monty - the time’ll hurtle by in a blur!

1 Like

@coco They fly these out from near me at Sywell, worth checking the price. My neighbour did it a few years ago and loved it.

1 Like

Great stuff. I’ve flown a Chipmunk - basically the same thing

2 Likes

I often call in to Kemble airfield for a coffee whilst out on the bike. This year have sat watching the spit doing passenger trips on a few occasions …coming and going. Big treat as the flightline is very close just a few metres away from the general public. They have a piper or something which goes up with the Spit It looks like family and friends go up in that for a view.

Makes me miss my RAF days.

Did you know a warm 301 smells like the inside of a Shackleton…?

2 Likes

I see them regularly when on the golf course, as one of the flight options takes in the white cliffs (seven sisters) and the South Downs.

Often see it flying in formation with the Piper, I think they use that for family and photography.

Go for it mate.

Wanna see the pics (taken from a Canberra, obvs)

7 Likes

As my Nan would say: ‘this isn’t a fucking dress rehearsal, live your life”

Hope you go for it Pete, the money won’t change your life. The experience / memory might.

1 Like

Because of YOLO I recently bought a TT, so go imagine…

Same money as a business flight to oz, thought it would be a lot more tbh

Get it done, it’s less than a fancy cartridge

1 Like

And after the Spit, you can try this one:

2 Likes

The 17 stone limit would count me out, as would being a scaredy cat.

Think it was QI with Stephen Fry saying that when he had a flight in a Tornado the pilot looked at him sat in the seat “ummed and arred” a bit and then muttered “oh well” and carried on.

After the flight he asked what concerned him and the pilot said because of your height if we had to eject you would have left your knees behind.

3 Likes

Nice enough, but it’s no Spit.

Harley v CBR, a lot to like in both but if I had to choose I’d go faster. CBR page bookmarked

Go for it Pete

1 Like

:blush:

Oooh.

But, spitfire is iconic, so it would be that I think.

If you are scared, pay me to do it and I’ll tell you what it’s like!

lol, not even slightly. I have in teh past jumped out of a perfectly good aeroplane :grinning:

1 Like

A work colleague flew in one from Duxford. She was smiling for weeks afterwards. :+1:

1 Like