Optical to 3.5mm cable recommendation?!

Needs, to go between my DAC and MacBook, going to order a generic one from Amazon unless anyone has any pointers…

Apparently toslink isn’t so great jitter-wise, but doesn’t sound too shabby to me

This.

1 Like

I got one from eBay, just picked one that looked OK and wasn’t expensive about £10.
I use it with my chromecast audio and it works well for Spotify streaming.

1 Like

I think I have piles of 3.5mm to optical convertors (that clip on the end of a toslink cable) if you want one? Not too far away from you as well.

1 Like

going to pick up one they have on sale at HIFIX for a tenner in the morning, looks decent. I don’t have a standard toslink ,otherwise this would have been just the ticket, thank you for the kind offer.

Get to fuck, this HAS to be a wind up on here

3 Likes

Just cable chat, is a toslink no different to any other cable subject to basic quality of materials, build etc that it’s better to buy something half decent?
Obviously I’m not talking about shelling out £90 for some foo

That was my point…

2 Likes

Techie thread :innocent: followed by cable thread. Top wamming :poop:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F381501835965

I’ve bought quite a few “adequate” cables from this lot and they have all just worked.

1 Like

Shhhhhhh! You’re as bad as Wayne! :unamused:

1 Like

How very dare you! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

What is this “Wamming” of which you speak? :thinking:

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sarcasm about this cable thread we’ve got going on here (not to mention 100+ posts on cleaning your stylus). Next thing you know it’ll be a headlong rush to the nadir of being a proper Hi Fi forum.

Bah fucking humbug to that.

1 Like

Mmm…I was wondering, which are the best value tuning fuses? :joy:

If you had a decent system, you’d understand :rofl:

1 Like

I know. I have an insufficiency of wonk, plasma and car park chic foo. I haz da dizzapoint…

:unamused:

2 Likes

Yeah sorry, I was being a bit of a cunt there…:slightly_frowning_face:

Off you fuck :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

:grinning: I thought that sort of thing was obligatory. I was simply returning fire in similar spirit. I would like to apologise but can’t because Fuck You!

:grin:

2 Likes