Oxford audio hi fi concert 9th sep

not connected with these guys but this looks a really good day out in Oxford . 3 separate hi fi systems playing an album . Wilson sasha , kef blades and arc ref 6 some of the notable appearances

might be worth a visit

You seem to be under the impression this is a hifi forum, get theeself over to the cockpunch thread.

5 Likes

No fucking chance!

1 Like

Good grief,

not sure I want to know what the less notable gear is.

1 Like

But you could win some 900 quid cables. What more could you want?

1 Like

A hole in your head to go with them :slightly_smiling_face:

tumblr_n96oc0wMlX1ts4htvo1_500

4 Likes

Having heard both, I really can’t imagine why I’d travel anywhere to hear them again!

4 Likes

That Chord system is going to be painful. Not exactly inspiring selection of music either.

The blades can sound half decent, once I heard them sound OK, shite the rest of the time mind.

Only time I enjoyed them was in a home cinema demo at AWE. However that was a £400k UHD cinema system and the experience as a whole was so incredible any musical shortcomings of the speakers would not have been so apparent.

The blades were in lambo green. :-9

I’ve had a few work trips to the Atomic Weapons Establishment but I didn’t realise they’d branched out into audio demos. I imagine they could lay on ‘an incredible experience’ though.

VB

3 Likes

Oddly, I heard them at some tech show at the NEC, nothing to do with hi-fi and in an open space in a hall and they sounded OK.

1 Like

I would absolutely love to hear elgars symphony at this event but can`t quite fit it in schedule