Park like a cunt (and other driving fuckwittery)

Use the search function, this subject gets discussed literally every fucking year

I want those when my OEM tyres need replacing.

1 Like

Thanks, interesting to see the decisions made in the UK.

I’ve got them, they are brilliant, recommended by @freefallrob

My toyota hybrid has one of those single gear, two cones and rubber belt drives thingies so you cannot drop down a gear to pull away.

3 Likes

They’re fucking good. I use the roads early in the morning before the gritters come out. Expensive; cheaper than crashing. :raised_hands::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Annoys me in the uk that every fucking year like clockwork we have an unexpected freak cold spell with snow and everyone crashes.

EVERY FUCKING YEAR

You need to fit the Oxymoron Radial Snow Sun tyres.

They’re expensive but worth it.

I am not poncing about with expensive winter tyres.
I am just not going to drive anywhere until the snow goes away.
It is never here for more than a couple of days anyway!

I had 4 michellin cross climate fitted in Sept. Chunky. Loads of grip.
s-l400

4 Likes

Here in D it’s legal requirement. I prefer winter tyres for long distance/high speed, the Missus has all seasons on her car fitted.

In case anybody didn’t know, check for the 3 peak mountain snowflake (3PMS) sign, that tyre is fit for use in the winter.

In NL still many have not seen the necessity as the country is as flat as can be, but the mood is changing.
There’s a shift towards all seasons by some private car drivers, as almost all business lease cars have a winter tyre package included.

Yes I know it is, the same thing gets said and explained (by someone, not having a go at you) every year when it snows.

Along with the usual

“in Europe your insurance is invalid if you crash in winter with summer tyres” blah blah blah

“I keep a set of winter tyres on old rims and swap them over” blah blah blah

1 Like

Winter tyres are not more expensive than summer tyres. When you changes the set of tyres, the other set is not in use.
It will get more expensive if you have to invest in an extra set of wheels, or with 1 set of wheels, you need to pay for changing and balancing every time.
If you have a not too demanding profile like high mileage and/or high speed, all season tyres are a great choice. In recent times, all season tyres have made great progression from the R&D side, take any that comes out on top of the ADAC, AMS, ÖAMTC or AutoBild tests, they are all recommendable.

I only know of the legal requirements in D and A, where I lived.
In NL there is no such requirement, not familiar with other countries.

Yes they are!!

About 30-50% more expensive in the UK

Panda 4x4 has had no trouble, even with summer tyres.

4 Likes

Royal Mail Mercedes E Vitos on Continental green somethings are utterly shite in anything under 0° c, based on Saturdays performance.

My traction control light seemed to be on permanently (and as a result the Trimble driving behaviour monitor was on red loads, so I’ll have to have a tedious conversation with my manager when he gets round to actually doing his job, so probably never) and the one time I had to park in some slushy stuff, it literally wouldn’t move until I put it into neutral and let it roll back out, putting the sodding thing in to reverse didn’t work either.

Wow, didn’t expect that in the UK market, just saw some prices at atseuromaster.co.uk.
One reason more to consider the already mentioned Michelin CrossClimate2, or alternatively the Goodyear 4Seasons Gen-3, these 2 seem to be in a similar price bracket as a comparable summer tyre and come on top in several tests.

1 Like

The farm I went to yesterday was up a long steep poorly maintained track that had a bit of snow and Ice.

Very much enjoyed watching the twat in a BMW coupe try to charge his way up, lose grip, slide all the way down, and try again. Then another idiot in a BMW came up behind him on the single track, tried the same thing and ended up with the coupe sliding uncontrollably into him!

2 Likes

I didn’t know Porsche made buses now

3 Likes

The fact is, despite all the excitement, some people (not the whole country) see some snow for perhaps a few days in the winter. Some winters it doesn’t snow at all in England or in the populous parts of Scotland or Wales either. So there’s hardly any demand, and the prices reflect that.