Phono stage recommendations

Does Tel still have his M3 phono preamp for sale?

Could swap the Modwright preamp out for that, sell the Whest and buy a much better SUT.

Or just find a Kondo M7 phono

Just a thought.

3 Likes
3 Likes

You could get a used Aesthetix Rhea for under £2.5k although I can’t find any available at present but they do come up on Audiomarkt occasionally. That’s where I eventually ended up after moving from a PS3.0RDT. I sold my Rhea last year for £2k and moved up to the Signature version and have no plans to change ever unless Coco has a 50% off sale :smile:

Allnic 1500, although I am biased…

Get yourself off to Italy.

Text reads:

I sell pre Audio Notes M7 Silver Sound with phono MM all original never touched internally. It is considered as Kondo’s musical masterpiece left to posterity. Interesting price and only private negotiation after viewing and listening to the object.

Yours broken yet? It will sometime soon.

I’ve had mine 6 years or so, bought second hand. Never had anything wrong with it apart from a revalve.

I have had mine about 3 years, bought second hand and still going strong.

Did you get yours from Dom?

Has anyone ever actually nailed one of these together - coming from the legendary :star_struck: Nobsound :star_struck: it’s got to be at least Steepletone level high end, yes?

Guy built one and brought it to one of Jims bake offs, sounds pretty good.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t trust that site at all.
The M7 I bought was advertised (same pics) on there within 24 hours of me buying it.

No

M7, pah, what you actually want is a proper Kondo preamp :wink:

https://www.soundandmore.com/showad.php?sectio=38&an=2400#

I don’t think so, but in truth I can’t remember. - my email tells me it was someone called Darren

How do you rate the M10 ? There never seems to be much love for the M1000.

Bloody box swappers :smiley:

Don’t joke, it was very credible. Enough to make a few M7 owners shift about uncomfortably or turn to drink.

I’m not kidding.

Not heard an M10, but at least it’s a proper old school Kondo San era product, full of Shinkohs and hand rolled silver caps :+1: and I like the craziness of it

I heard a current G-1000 and an old M7 with the Vox Olympians when I was in HK last year, and I much preferred the old M7. The G-1000 did a lot of the hifi stuff better, but then it sounded a lot more like hifi…

1 Like