Photography (Mostly reposts, no actual original content)

Bit rude. Poor Jim.

1 Like

edd9000’s dream car

Is it Ilford on a Sunday morning after a visit to the Turan?

2 Likes

Nice shots Allan; did you go up to the SkyGarden at the top of the Walkie Talkie?

You underestimate him. That’s after one baked bean.

1 Like

3 Likes

Holy crap!

I didn’t do the full walk to Canary Wharf, which I did in the summer, as it was really cold and windy. I started from St Katherine’s Dock and headed towards Wapping.

This is the one I have done

https://www.thames-path.org.uk/thames_island_gardens_embankment.html

It’s a brilliant walk Guy and there are loads of brilliant buildings (especially the pubs) that you just stumble on as the whole area is so built up.

The Grapes is owned by Sir Ian McKellen I believe.

2 Likes

there are some great walks along the Thames, we’ve done all the sections from source to barrier. Only done both banks from about Richmond to barrier if memory serves me correctly. It was about 7 maybe 8 years ago and we spent about two years doing it on and off

2 Likes

I didn’t realise there was a garden on top of it Ben so will pay it a visit next time :+1:

I also want to pay a visit to the Thames Barrier park as well.

I love just walking about London - I find it endlessly fascinating.

We stumbled on this place on Saturday - well worth a visit and their Adnams Bitter is excellent. A little bit of Rosyton Vasey in Knightsbridge :grinning:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186338-d189784-Reviews-The_Nags_Head-London_England.html

2 Likes

Used to drink there when we lived in Fulham. It’s very…errr…local.

1 Like

Very much so - the reviews on Tripadvisor made me chortle.

1 Like

A favourite book of mine is Lights out for the territory by Ian Sinclair. A description of a series of walks across London incorporating local history, folklore & psychogeography. We’ll worth a look if that sort of thing interests you. London Orbital is another good one.

1 Like

:+1: good read that one

hmmm food or photography???

I particularly like the “Carnal Supper”

1 Like

9 Likes

You sure do get around Jim.:+1::+1:

2 Likes

Some Bluebells yesterday at Kedleston Hall.

8 Likes

What’s left of Brighton’s West Pier,

5 Likes