Pick me a Scooby (that went RONG) including exploration into Dacia & giving up

Been there, done that, sold it.

Being partially serious, this one looks at least semi respectable; it’s been owned by one person, has been maintained, not twatted about with and is ‘only’ 13 years old.

On the other hand, buying one is a fucking stupid idea. So if you’re going to do something fucking stupid, you might as well go full fucking potato. So, with that in mind, buy this. You’re welcome.

1 Like

The first one will attract all the attention of an STI without actually being one.

The second one, yes, all the yes.

If it was you asking this question, this sale looks perfect. You get two of them, neither work and you can spaff away thousands of hours trying to make a functional car out of the pair of them.

I’d want a type RA

Has the forged STI engine, light weight body panels, reduced sound deadening etc, but no body kit.

For weird coupe things it would have to be a Soarer.

2 Likes

I think Sir might struggle for six grand but, yes, an intriguing device.

Yes, prices have shot up of late.

The black one’s rear wing ftw :joy:

You are just going to end up with a Vectra or a Mondeo. But it is nice to dream.
Get the one with the best fuel economy and tax.

I’d stick with the virtual 911 mate.

2 Likes

Sometimes dreams really do come true.

1 Like

Then you realise it was a nightmare all along…

1 Like

Well after careful consideration of all the facts and your most useful recommendations, I have pulled the trigger on this.

17 Likes

Congrats ! That should do nicely :+1:

What model is it Rob ?

2011 Legacy SE NAV, 2LTR petrol, 6 speed manual box. Pearlesant white.

2 Likes

Ooooo nice, 2.5?

Cheers. Nah, it’s just the 2Ltr.
Family = compromises!

I had a sad. Still though, will be fun. Now just get the pedders suspension fitted and job done.

1 Like

Nice

1 Like

Thank you, it’s the first time in a long time that I feel happy and excited about buying a car! :grin:

2 Likes