Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

That looks great @Jim.

1 Like

Have you tried searing on your starter chimney?

Guaranteed to get a crust very quickly.

2 Likes

In other contexts that sort of question leads to fighting pretty quickly…:smirk:

2 Likes

Whoosh

1 Like

Sorry for the green stuff:

1kg picanha, 4hrs sous vide @ 55°c, seared on the bbq, managed to get a nice crust all round, avoiding too many flare ups, very nice!

12 Likes

Doggy seems concerned about the green stuff.

1 Like

No, have seen that done online but yet to try. :+1:It’s the sous vide method where I think it is difficult because the meat is already cooked and moist on the outside. You can cook it edge to edge the same colour with sous vide but to get a sear like you can with traditional pan cooking will mean it will get over cooked. You gain in texture maybe but lose in flavour I think. Chimney starter could be a thing…

I swing between the two methods and at the moment it’s pan. :grin:

1 Like

If you wanted to go OTT you could build yourself a rocket stove. :fire:

1 Like

Wow, thats looks good.

1 Like

The woofer thinks so too :joy::joy:

1 Like

It was great, not the last word in tenderness, but as it’s basically rump you wouldn’t expect it to be and I do like to chew a little bit. The flavour was really nice, I just seasoned it quite simply: salt, loads of black pepper and a bit of garlic powder.

And Ruby got some too!

Chicken with olives and preserved lemons, couscous with onion, stewed peppers and courgettes with sherry vinegar, lightly pickled dill cucumber

1 Like

Gravity seems to be scarce…

1 Like

Brought to you by Star Trek special effects department!

handgranate for the snips, the pin looks pulled

Is that like a Pomegranate, except with a hand instead of a Pome ?

Kinda blows up in your face now and again

Chilli and other stuff

2 Likes

gently poached salmon, potato salad, Crème fraîche, dill and garlic sauce. Lettuce. Polish pickles

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.