Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

Wishing you all a very Portuguese Christmas.

9 Likes

Where from?
I had a couple of the Lidl ones the other day. Very good if not quite up to Lisbon bakery’s standard

1 Like

These are not local, unfortunately. There is a food market that pitches up at King’s Cross and it has all manner of tasty treats. These are my leftovers from yesterday. I had the other two while I was waiting for my train last night :smiley:

I agree, Lidl and co-op scratch the itch, but there is something lacking.

1 Like

Costa’s are reassuringly expensive :+1:

1 Like

2 Likes

The nipple is off centre. Take it back.

2 Likes

Interesting flavour but the actual crackling is too light and crispy.

Bakewells >>>>>> mince pies.

1 Like

Epic pizza in the local…

Sorry about the shit photos.

9 Likes

I imagine you needed a fast shutter speed to capture them before they were eaten?

5 Likes

This. And the fact that I have a 4 year old iPad Mini :pensive:

8 Likes

Pork chops!

Delish

:triumph:

Just roasted them in the oven with foil over the meat part, so that the crackling crisped up nicely without overcooking the meat.

Had freshly baked bread with them. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ann was in Norfolk yesterday doing a pre-Christmas round of her relatives. Her Uncle (who’s 92) gave her this Christmas pudding made by his Mum (Ann’s Nan). Ann’s Nan passed away in 1989, so we reckon this pudding is at least 30 years old.

Christmas puds are supposed to mature with age, so what do you reckon chaps - if we steam it for a few hours, will it be delicious or will it be too old and taste disgusting?

I’d go for it. But then I have no psychological barrier as far as food is concerned.
What’s the worst that can happen :smirk:

3 Likes

Make sure you have a dozen bog rolls on standby and also the number for the emergency doctor.

2 Likes

Baked Camembert*, with home-made bread rolls**, Air-dried Pork Loin***, course chicken liver pate****, roasted pepper Houmus****, and Chilli Jam****

*Isigny Ste Mere, sherry, garlic and rosemary
**not great, too much clag
***a neighbour made it and gave us enough to last through January
****home made.

Mostly stuff which we had laying around. Lazy Sunday. Just the ticket :+1:

2 Likes

The look and aroma after we’re steamed it should give us a clue whether it’s edible :+1: