12 Likes

Tried an experimental cauliflower cheese recipe tonight. It was delicious

Had it with roast beef roast tatties and veg

12 Likes

Where did you get the recipe please?

Out of my head, I made it up :crazy_face:

Do you want it?

Yes please.

I saw a place doing charred cauliflower and cheese toasties the other day. I thought they sounded decent.

1 Like

Make a roux with equal amounts of butter and plain flour (I used 2oz of each for half a medium sized cauli) Let it simmer for a couple of minutes – stir constantly…

Stir in (a little at a time) 350ml milk – a hand whisk works well for this

Add ground black pepper and sea salt to taste.

Stir in the grated cheese – I used equal amounts of parmesan, hard goats cheese and mature cheddar – it filled a normal sized breakfast bowl - keep stirring until it thickens to a custard like constituency.

Boil the cauli florets for about 7 or 8 mins, drain, and put them in an oven proof dish. Pour the mixture to cover all of the cauliflower then add more grated cheddar on the top.

Put it into a preheated oven (240c or gas mk9) for half an hour and it’s done.

5 Likes

Poha is so fucking good for a weekend breakfast or lunch

Had this for lunch today

2 Likes

Welsh cakes.

11 Likes

Breakfast.

6 Likes

Left egg is sunny side up, not sure how to describe the one on the right

The sun, with cancer

Broken

BROKEN

5 Likes

Is that some kind of inedible spread on the roll?

4 Likes

Are you in the clink? I thought you had to be sentenced to margarine before you had to eat the stuff.

1 Like

Bit late to the party but fuck yeah, I am addicted to these eggs at the moment.

2 Likes

Fried eggs = ambrosia

:heart_eyes:

Fillet steak, asparagus and salad with potato, spring onion and parmesan croquettes.

13 Likes

Lovely !

You’re bloody lucky. I wish the asparagus down here was ready at the start of March. I guess the island climate is that bit more benign.

VB

1 Like

I’d love to confirm that but it was bought from Tesco - presumably (almost definitely) imported. It was very nice asparagus though.