Pork Faff Therapy/ What are you eating?

guess? @Jim @coco

9 Likes

Does AA allow shilling ?

Edit: Of course it does, half of the feckin’ mods live there :face palm emoji

2 Likes

Chunks and chunks of old Amsterdam and other hard cheeses. An odd cracker has been crunched too

Do the owners realise quite how obscure a website it is that you’re live blogging to?

When in Rome…

7 Likes

It’s 3 years since I was in Chile, but I had some magnificent steaks there. The memories are making my mouth water now

2 Likes

good?

Fantastic. ‘Bife Ancho’ - cube rolled steak. Not a cut I have heard of… deeply flavoured. I didn’t want it to end!

3 Likes

No salad, not even a chip to besmirch it’s beefy purity. :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I did have spud and some creamed spinach,both really good. The local Cab Sov is very acceptable too.

2 Likes

Ah, cube roll is rib eye. :face_with_monocle:

Thought so :wink:

1 Like

It must be a US thing. :roll_eyes:

:grinning:
I’ve had some wonderful steaks in South America

:heart_eyes:

Is that the meat, or how it’s prepared?

Must be a bit of both I think. I don’t have an awful lot of experience but if tonight’s was anything to go by the standard is high.

I don’t think that any of the beef on the menu came with a sauce. Mine was prepared only with salt I think. It was perfectly cooked, I asked the waiter to recommend how and he said medium rare. That’s it!

A proper steak house; men with waistcoats and aprons waiting the tables, a small menu and deep wine list and a lively atmosphere. I don’t think we get close to that thing really, especially the service.

I have a couple more free days and I may be able to sneak another in. :+1:

6 Likes

Brussel sprout crisps, pigs in blankets, turkey and even a full Christmas dinner packet available. Yum…

Jenny has been making festive jam puffs including one festive swastika :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

Pastry looks very good

1 Like

Lidl’s finest Stu. It is actually very good.

2 Likes