Pork scratchings

Ah, so that’s why Jim left his Panny at mine on Saturday. He wanted off-road parking rather than pay 500 big ones every year…

1 Like

Do they do one of these days for Audi’s?

No idea!

1 Like

Different marketing approach to selling a used Porch…

Audi’s what?

4 Likes

If you have Amazon Prime, the latest ep of The Grand Tour has a segment on the 917. In 4K HDR it looks and sounds fucking amazing.

1 Like

Went there last summer in the Alfa. Entry to most of the beach is verboten. Just parked on the beach and had a nice picnic.

My Dad and his mates used to race their bikes up there in the 50s.

Just bought two front boots for the Panny 255x40xZR20 = £443 :crazy_face:

3 Likes

What did you buy.

I’m getting 2 Michellin pilot sport 4 s for the rears this week. I noticed I could see the cord nearly coming through the inside shoulder of one of them. 305 30 19 - same ball park price as yours unfortunately.

1 Like

Michelin Pilot Super Sport N0 :+1:

1 Like

hmmmm nice car…

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-Carrera-4S-Coupe-65783

5 Likes

I can’t see the point of having 4wd. Less fun surely?

1 Like

to be honest that particular bit of the spec doesn’t bother me one way or the other. Price (for reasons - has to be Porsche Centre Hatfield) and other bits of the spec are higher on my priority list.

When I give the Macan Turbo back, I need to make some decisions about what is next. A 911 has always been on my hit list, but to leverage the finance and the equity in the Macan I have limited choice through that centre. I love the Macan Turbo, and I have an option to buy another new one, but for the foreseeable future they are only offering the base model and the “S” version. There is no GTS or Turbo model which is a shame. I could probably refinance my Macan Turbo whilst I an waiting.

Some decisions to make…

Would they not source you a car if you tell them what you want?

they might if they have one in group. We’ll see, for used I have up to 10 months if I want new then I have about 6 weeks to make up my mind…

I would think the need for MOT’s and tyres etc etc on a used car might put you off? It might need a clutch in 10k miles (Mine did!) I bought mine when it was 6 years old and on 35k miles.

I would highly recommend a 911 though. Especially for weekends away in Wales or Scotland!

no not at all. I have had a couple of used Merc SLK 55 AMGs that needed all that. My Boxster went through rear tyres in about 18 months! :wink:

Clutch? I’ll only drive a PDK car

1 Like