Possible brief outrage

The hosting provider for this site is going to be doing some upgrade work on their London data centre, which could lead to a brief outage of about 5 minutes

Start: 2017-02-23 22:00 UTC
End: 2017-02-24 06:00 UTC

1 Like

Have you backed up? :thinking:

Fire extinguisher at the ready Jon?

V3 here we come…

Nah, far more fun to just stand back and watch it burn.

The server itself isn’t being touched, it’s just network connectivity to it that might drop. Here’s the full email for those of you who care:

Start: 2017-02-23 22:00 UTC
End: 2017-02-24 06:00 UTC

Hello,

During the above window, we will be performing an upgrade of networking software throughout a segment of our LON1 region.

During the maintenance window Droplets in the region will lose networking connectivity for a period of up to five minutes. We expect the actual disruption to be minimal for most Droplets, but will be closely monitoring the region throughout the window.

Do not hesitate to contact support if you have any additional questions or concerns, you may do so by opening a ticket, or replying to this email.

Thank you,
DigitalOcean

I should be alright - I have a Nagra, not a Droplet :+1:

1 Like

I miss read the title of thread as:

Possible brief outrage…

Probably more accurate :slight_smile:

I iz full of D’uh and confuze

Is Droplets a euphamism for wankers then? If so, does the above mean that we are required to knock one out while the ISP watches though the french doors from the patio?

A droplet is effectively the server that the site runs on. No idea why Digital Ocean calls them that

A drop in the Ocean?

1 Like

Still full of D’uh here, I have no idea what you are talking about, sadly :head_bandage:. I shall warm up the scented oil for fear that the Digital Ocean views us as being a bit rough around the edges…

I preferred his brother

4 Likes

If you ever restore the forum from a backup, rather than reboot it, I shall cancel my monthly subs :+1::grinning:

Is that better ?

2 Likes