Poster art, vintage advertising and other drawrings

The Casablanca and Sleeper ones are great.

1 Like

The top one is probably my favorite.

1 Like

That one is particularly good.

2 Likes

The top one is actually Woody Allen’s Play It Again, Sam :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Related tidbit - Waylon Jennings, who along with Willie Nelson was one of the founders of the “outlaw” country music movement, was playing bass for Buddy Holly on that tour.
Jennings gave up his seat on the flight to The Big Bopper (who wasn’t feeling well). On parting Holly joked to him that he hoped the tour bus broke down. Jennings replied “Well, I hope your ol’ airplane crashes”

Black Leopard was a South African comic book series that ran from the late 1970s through to the beginning of the 1990s. The back story was that the main protagonist and the Black Leopard himself – Leon Fouche – would travel the world with his two tame leopards Samson and Spikkels, a dark horse who we think was called Dark Horse and a sidekick named Benny Boy

4 Likes

Magnificent.
That has inspired me to don an animal costume this Wednesday and right wrongs in the town!

Vigilante Pepper Pig?

Peppa

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I bow to your greater knowledge :grinning:

2 Likes

I was going to be the Aardvark Avenger but Amazon have unfortunately sold out.

Always suspected you were a yiffer on the quiet
 :angry:

I had to look that one up.
Fantastic, I’ve discovered a new hobby. :grinning:

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Shouldn’t that be in the crimes against cuisine thread?

2 Likes

Probably but after a few beers I could murder some right now :grinning:

6 Likes

I’d give it a go but I get that nagging feeling it wouldn’t have came out the packet looking like that.

1 Like

Probably more Solyent Green than bacon :grinning: