Preston April 2

Now the plague is a bit less worrying would anyone fancy coming to a bake-off at mine (Pr46aj) on sat 2nd april? We can prob manage a couple of sleepers on the sofas or you could bring a camp bed or similar .

1 Like

Working that Saturday, but might be able to get there mid-late afternoon if I don’t get saddled with horse duties.

1 Like

Would love to, but it would take me two days to get there :roll_eyes:

And…? :rofl:

1 Like

Turns out the wife has something planned for the 19th so let’s try sat 2nd April instead.

I know that doesn’t make it a shorter trip @MGOwner but you’ll have longer to get here

2 Likes

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous response.

1 Like

How easy is it to get to yours from Preston station?

Asking for a friend.

Oh, for retirement when that would make a rat’s arse of difference :joy:

1 Like

I think the 2 busses that get closest to us have stops outside the rail station. Then it’s a 30-45 min ride to our village where we could come and get your friend (one bus comes quite close, the other stops about 2 miles away)

A taxi is quite pricey (ÂŁ20+)

We could probably sort out a lift if that was easier. If anyone else was also coming to Preston by train that would be the best option. Also better if you had kit with you

Depending where you’re coming from, burscough, ormskirk or Southport are all about the same distance. Rufford is closer but that’s a tiddly station about 10 mins from us by car

1 Like

I may be able to make it, work, children etc permitting

1 Like

Stop it

2 Likes

I think you’re beating a dead horse.

1 Like

Ah, sorry, I was enthused about this last night, but slightly puzzled that I didn’t have anything clashing with it. Casting a sober eye over my calendar I was being stupid and I do indeed have a big clash :slightly_frowning_face:

Top tip - you might want to change the thread title.

I thought I had…. Ooo appears to have done it now

You’re welcome

1 Like

Not much interest it seems so I’ll can this.