Proud dad (/mum/grandad/uncle/whatever) moments

All.
Of.
Us.

40+? Its the new 21

1 Like

FoL has just heard that she’s been successful applying for a new role as duty manager for IAPT (mental health talking therapy basically) across Worcester.

Reduced personal case load but more responsibility for running the service day to day, dealing with more complex patient issues including safeguarding, and supporting colleagues and trying to join things up with GPS etc.

Should be good for her.

29 Likes

Boy came second in a climbing competition yesterday. He topped every boulder, which is pretty good.

18 Likes

Next holiday in Fontainebleau, if he is in to bouldering.

3 Likes

Done.

Sam was disappointed and said the examiner was a bit of an arse and had no idea about the Tuba, but we are proud anyway!

24 Likes

Bravo :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Merit is beyond decent :+1::+1:

1 Like

Fantastic result !

1 Like

Baby daughter fol#3 has received a commendation for Bravery, exemplary team work and immense personal resilience following attendance at a serious crime. She doesn’t say much to mum and myself because she doesn’t want to worry us about her work.
I’m proud and worried in equal amounts regarding her work and safety, she loves her job and really cares about the community she serves, one of the toughest in the uk.

23 Likes

Daughter has today started her first school blood sacrifice cult. Several children had minor injuries.

2 Likes

That’s a thing in First Schools now, is it ? You might want to keep half an eye on it …

New rounders season?

2 Likes

Another win for Jack :grinning:

32 Likes

Awesome!

Niece #1’s prom, post school - that’s it done with, on a boat on the Thames last night.

Take-aways from the pictures and videos

• the ladies all wear long gowns
  • we never looked that good
  • however you’re just as shit at dancing as we were

Niece #2 (16 a couple of days ago) does the same tomorrow. They’ve been told that they’re under age, no drink, they’ll be frisked. She is not at home to subtle and I’ve seen the outfit - it’s not like she’s going to have a hip flask in her pocket :man_facepalming:

I don’t know how the exams will go but I’m not sure I would wish “higher” education on either of them. There are plenty of fine ways to live your life.

9 Likes

A lesson to be drummed home, for sure.

The boys might be planning to smuggle booze in (I’m afraid my schoolmates and I would have).

The photos are starting to come in and clearly the wee cow has got her BFF to take the selfie of the two of them so that she can concentrate on getting her pose exactly right :laughing:

5 Likes