Proud dad (/mum/grandad/uncle/whatever) moments

Daughter making me feel like I’ve just done everything right as a father…

16 Likes

Wait until the AA spelling Nazis take a look at this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sadly her arithmetic is correct.

This doesn’t bode well for a future in finance, accountancy or IT.

1 Like

3 Likes

I confess I wondered whether Daddy had left his Donnie Darko DVD out …

VB

2 Likes

Son #2 graduated in Portsmouth y’day.

31 Likes

fantastic , wonderful news

2 Likes

10/10 cape points.

Evidently an AAer in the making.

3 Likes

Cape wearing by proxy and admission to enjoyment listening to Genesis - Slippery slope.

2 Likes

Congratulations. The girls graduations were very special days.

Almost Chumpian :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not Genesis, but without any prompting from me he’s a big fan of Donovan. I’m pleased he’s made that discovery.

1 Like

I meant that you have unconsciously sent out mind waves to him. Showing your previously hidden and secret love of all things prog.

1 Like

Not parenting as such but…

On Wednesday I went to a Graduation Ceremony to see two of my students receive their PhD. It was also nice to catch up with two other graduating students whose theses I examined this year. Ridiculously hot condition for robes etc, so I won’t miss the ceremonies when I pack it in.

2 Likes

I did point out that it might be the only day in his life he’d be able to wear that garb (unless at some point he does a Masters). However, I forgot to mention the cape wearing opportunities he might enjoy were he one day to join some obscure, Prog loving online forum.

6 Likes

Needs moar sequins :+1:

1 Like

Quite a resemblance - he looks like a younger, cleverer version of you :grin:

2 Likes

ours is in Sept, when I’m on holiday, so I have delegated the reading of the 250 names.

1 Like

Having just gone through the hearing of hundreds of names at my daughters graduation (3 teaching hospitals) I don’t blame you

1 Like

@murrayjohnson

What did graduate in?