Puresound L10 - Anybody using one?

There is one for sale on PFM and was wondering what it is like.

I know @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion sold one a while ago and obviously @murrayjohnson is behind them so just curious as to pro/cons with them, would be driving Aleph 5 clones into 3 way fridges.

Any opinions welcomed.

Excellent, I almost bought one at one point but at that time went for an AN M3 phono due to the inbuilt phono stage. Had a loan L10 in my system for a few weeks and really enjoyed it.

Ta, I’ve got a P10 phono already so thought a L10 might be interesting to give a whirl.

1 Like

Go for it, I liked the one I heard a while back.

1 Like

The one on PFM is a keen price, it’s a bargain at that. Not the quietest pre, but dynamic, nice tonality, and ‘open’ sounding.

I never tried mine with the Pass power so can’t comment about synergy.

1 Like

Yours through Project power (if I recall correctly) sounded pretty good. Even playing my Prog.

3 Likes

Did you try yours with the fridges?

Also, I know you enjoy a good fiddle :wink: did you make any changes to yours?

Yes, as mentioned previously, it teamed with the ~200WPC Pro-ject Box Design hybrid monoblocs. The combo sounded excellent. The fridges work with low power, but they also work with high power, they’re amazingly versatile compared with almost everything else I’ve ever tried.

The only changes I made was replacing a duff remote control board and rolling the valves (there’s only two). Unfortunately I let all the spare valves go with mine when I sold it. It’s a super-simple circuit, and would undoubtedly benefit from some foo components.

Stepmotheratomicbomb / John has it now, so may have some opinions.

1 Like

Yes I’m enjoying mine though Ive had little time with it, I would like to comment on using it with the aleph 30 but I’ve got a fault on one of the channels and it’s in for repair hopefully have it back in a couple of weeks to comment .
Not much help but I have a feeling it will be a good match.

1 Like

Annoying!

It is, but hopefully is something and nothing

That is shit, hope you get it back in time for the holiday listening, is it an original or DIY?

Edd 9000 made it, which is no reflection on his skills! It’s really well laid out etc

I think it’s just a earth issue as I thought it was the cable, but that’s been checked now.

It’s the best power amp I’ve had in my system really does lots of things really well

Edd made mine as well, he knows his stuff alright and makes them look great!