Kids pack lunch starters sorted

14 Likes

Converted back :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Rockin.

A bit flakey but I like that

Flakey is good :+1:

1 Like

In case any pastry makers are interested.

For shortcrust (pies or other savouries) pastry I usually use 2/3 butter and 1/3 lard. As I had no lard in the fridge and our shop doesn’t stock it I used beef dripping instead.

It’s a game changer, best pie pastry I’ve made. Very, very tasty and just the right level of crumble. No more lard for me.

6 Likes

I didn’t bother insulting the assembled with last week’s sample from a local baker. Their bread is always very good, but I suspect that the sausage rolls are bought in, so I ended up with hard pastry and a generic pink torpedo of disappointment.

This week’s contender is M&S “our best ever” sausage roll.

But is it, Marks and Spencer? Is it really your best ever?

Out of the oven, looks the business. Smells good. Left a large slick of grease in the oven dish.

Cut in, looking a bit paley-waley there.

Tasting notes: good flakey pastry. Plenty of black pepper, but no other herbs or spices noticeable, despite the ingredients listing a veritable cornucopia.

Unpleasant fatty aftertaste.

Sorry M&S, no more than 6/10 and at £5.25 for two, admittedly large, sausage rolls I don’t think I’ll be pursuing this product further.

5 Likes

Is that an English bastardisation of peely-wally? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve heard umpteen variants, pally-wally, peely, paley, I suspect that there’s no official standard :laughing:

IME, sweaties have the last word on their patter and defend it like their life depends on it but then bastardise every other region’s slang. Fuck 'em. :+1::grin:

3 Likes

Hope your next Ertha’s a hedgehog, pommy cunt…

4 Likes

Yer craaaazy maw. :fu::grin:

1 Like

New tagline?

2 Likes

We don’t normally do requests, but since you asked nicely. :+1:

13 Likes

I made peace with the predictable before posting.

This thread has competition

Fuck me , roll that pastry poster in the sausage meat above and then spit it below

Gloucester Services Wild Boar sausage roll… yum.

9 Likes

Really like the look of that

Paying for it is the uncomfortable part. Can’t imagine @waxy got much change out of the proceeds of the Kraftwerk box after that indulgence :grin:

1 Like