Ruby Murray

Can anyone beat this matar paneer recipe? I’m up for trying a different recipe tonight, but this one’s hard to beat!!

1 Like

think I’ll try this (second) one- I made a potato and pea curry last week with a tomato and cashew base and it was really nice

Hard to beat Hebbars for good recipes and easy to follow instructions.

Although I’m not all that particular about authenticity or following recipes as such, I just take what I have around me and mix and match techniques willy nilly and bastardise things to suit who I’m cooking for.

2 Likes

we like this one

1 Like

Spot the difference ?

3 Likes

Paneer geeks! I made the best paneer yet! I read somewhere that the key to a good texture is lowering the pH gradually-so I added diluted vinegar (60ml in 300ml hot water)- adding ~30ml while stirring then waiting 30 secs before the next 30ml. 5 mins resting then rinsed in the cloth with ~1l 70oC water. Minimal pressing in the tofu press- 15 mins on lowest setting, still some liquid being pressed out at the end. Then into the fridge for a few hours.

Great texture, not crumbly at all, nice and soft. Perfect :+1:

3 Likes

First fish curry in a long while- mainly been cooking fish fry’s because they felt easier.

My wife is extremely resistant to trying egg curries, but she said lockdown lunchtime were a good opportunity to try new food out on the kids with less pressure than a late rushed dinner after school so I’m pulling that shit on her and making this for lunch. If she doesn’t like it she can make herself a sandwich. Hoisted by her own petard.

4 Likes

Dear God…Mods wipe this recipe pdq before @Jim sees it

4 Likes

that looks good - might try that. I love a hard boiled egg dropped in a nice lamb curry.

I think I’ve made something similar where you basically poach the eggs in a curry. I still think eggs go better in Mexican dishes but it does work.

2 Likes

I have a nice Moroccan meatball tomato sauce dish where you poach some eggs in the sauce…

1 Like

Too late… :mask:

1 Like

Washed down with a couple of these :rofl:

free image hosting site

2 Likes

Egg pulusu (?) is really nice. Tamarind based sauce.

1 Like

The wife was not converted to egg curries.

3 Likes

I liked it :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I tried this tonight. I probably could have done with frying off the masala ingredients a bit harder & longer. It could also have done with a bit more richness from tomato puree or yoghurt (or both). But it was pleasant enough.

With kale & basmati rice.

6 Likes

Bastardised these two recipes, to go with leftover potato curry. Caramelized the onions in ghee then fried peanuts, cashews, raisins and garlic in the ghee for a garnish. Cooked the rice in the water used to boil the dumplings

Rocket fuel! 4 green finger chillies, tbsp mustard seeds + 3tbsp mustard oil.

Had it with rice and this

1 Like