Ruby Murray

no naked flames here though. Yours are nice and round as well…

That’s what I did, but even doing that I couldn’t get them to puff consistently.

The other thing that made a difference was holding the rack above the flame rather than having the flames touching the chalet :stuck_out_tongue: which was charring them and making them fragile so they burst.

That’s what mine looked like tonight!

My paneer was fucking awesome as well :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks but they’re not mine. Picture was to illustrate the technique. I hand pull mine but they are usually fairly round.

1 Like

Rolling pins are for pastry in my head :grinning:

These were massive hit with the kids, we hardly got any :frowning:

Saag paneer and chapati, both using the whey from yesterdays paneer for the liquid :+1: also Gujarati warm carrot salad

Saved half the spinach sauce to do saag aloo tomorrow

2 Likes

First non-instant pot dal for a while, using mint from the garden.

4 Likes

Fascinating thread on how the common narrative of how curry came to be is basically nonsense:

3 Likes

And considering a lot of actual Indian cooking from most regions is vegetarian, that really doesn’t wash.

Yep, like this.

4 Likes

So simple but this is fucking beautiful and has become a firm favourite. Can’t track down the book that it’s from, not sure it’s available in english .

1 Like

he is a bit like the Jamie Oliver of India. 10s of books many in English

just Google “sanjeev kapoor recipe books” -

1 Like

Thanks. I have used other recipes of his in the past. Can’t say they’ve always stood out, but this black eye bean one is really great. It says “adapted from” so don’t know what they changed. I made further changes myself (blended half the tomatoes and chopped half).

Any reason you couldn’t use a tortilla press to make chapati?

i have often wondered that. We gave up on making chapati’s as too much effort.

I might try tonight, will let you know if it works. The kids love them, but it can be a pain making enough for everyone. I generally enjoy it though, it’s satisfying when they puff properly.

1 Like

They weren’t thin enough. Reverted to rolling pub after the first.

1 Like

could you press then roll or too much faff

Considered that but I didn’t think it would save much time or effort if any.

1 Like

Any true paneeronauts interested in my latest paneer production “innovation” ?

1 Like

Yes please :nerd_face: