Rugby A Game For Gentlemen

Territory first. Long kicks to touch.

Then keep the ball and breach the line. Repeatedly.
I despair of box kicks handing it back all the time.

1 Like

Taking the ball flat. Standing still.
Slow turnover as a result.

We need some flair.

Farrell is a lucky man there. Could have gone either way.

Still, great win considering we got hammered in 1st half.

:rofl:

It wasn’t a shoulder. He went in open but it was so fast he didn’t have time to wrap.

No way was it a bad hit. Just the man on him before he could set the arm.
The ref could see that.

Poor show but for some spark on the fringes of the pitch.

Well the result is a win, play like that in the 6N or world cup and England will get thrashed. It wasn’t England winning it, it was ZA losing it, stupid penalties and wrong decisions. ZA are a different side with Faf, their scrum half was poor. The 12/13 were waiting for quick ball and the ZA 9 failed to deliver, so they were constantly holding back a little, watch the ZA ABs match where ZA won.

As predicted, Hepburn is not at this level. Te’o was shown his ass in the first half. Bit worried by Slades tacking, now I have seen the match on record.

Shields had his best game for England, however that isn’t saying much. We won’t meet sides that overthrow their lineout three times in a match often.

This match shows that Daly is not a 15, never has been a 15 and doesn’t play there very often. He is a 13, he has always been a 13 and he gets shunted to the wing as he is not the biggest and EJ likes 6’2" centres that are 108Kg.

On the plus side, the second half was better, the new caps didn’t (apart from Hepburn) blow it.

Loved the bit where Itoje got owned by Eben Etzebeth, the look on his face was priceless.

Should be interesting against the ABs, they will be wanting to show complete dominance.

Yes England have a lot of players injured, of which they miss Billy Vinopola most, but players of that style are always injured once they get to mid-20s, you can’t keep boshing people 30+ matches a season and expect to not have long term serious issues. I suspect that Billy Vinopola will be retired before he is 30, he started top level too early (17) before his joints are fully formed (23 generally).

I hope Curry is not too badly injured he looked quality.

1 Like

:+1:

Team to play AB’s

England: Elliot Daly; Chris Ashton, Henry Slade, Ben Te’o, Jonny May; Owen Farrell (co-captain), Ben Youngs; Ben Moon, Dylan Hartley (co-captain), Kyle Sinckler, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Brad Shields, Sam Underhill, Mark Wilson.

Replacements: Jamie George, Alec Hepburn, Harry Williams, Charlie Ewels, Courtney Lawes, Danny Care, George Ford, Jack Nowell.

a sweep on how long before Ashton gets a yellow?

35 minutes, getting frustrated after England are 20 points down and he has not had a pass.

If England play like they did over the last year this will be a walk in the park for ABs. It could be a record defeat at home.

For all those who select monster immobile 8s, have a look at Kieran Read at 6’2" and 106KG. Watch how he moves and positions himself, these things are way more important than some big idiot running into people with shite hands.

Farrell to be shown up for what he is, an average international 10 who can’t defend.

The ABs would have been a lot more scared with Cipriani there.

I just don’t get Youngs at 9, he does nothing well, he is slow to get the ball out, he doesn’t snipe much and his kicking is no better than average.

The ABs will have done their homework and will kick high to Daly. Ashton has lost his pace a bit, they will attack his wing. The ABs back row will target Farrell and his lack of pace and defense, expect them to make their first play after a scrum or ruck through his channel and then offload. Simple stuff, but it will work.

I have to wait until seven to watch this.
Going to have to avoid the score
:astonished:

TBH I am looking forward more to the Wales Vs Crims match, that should be even handed. The Scots should spank the Fiji team.

My brother has wangled all expenses trip to that as a guest of the Welsh RFU.
Not that I’m jealous…

1 Like

woohoo

Ashton is back

Great start!

Brilliant!

England playing out of their skins.

What a great first half.

I’ll take 15-10 against these

Yeah great stuff huh

Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!

Crap decision