Samsung QLED

If you are watching telly in a sunlit room at midday then any tv will look shit.

I won’t watch stuff I want to enjoy (film) in the day as I know my big telly will be affected by glare (never mind the general brightness).
I just watch it later in the day. I wouldn’t buy a brighter telly to solve that issue.

If brightness is a deal breaker for you then it matters. Would depend on how you use it and when. Our 65 inch oled is in a south facing room and I don’t care it doesn’t go any brighter. It’s bloody good when it is good, and when it’s not (summers day) I just don’t watch it / shut the blinds.

What does 1080 look like on it?
I’m close to getting the LG 65" OLED but trying to find out what normal telly will look like.

It looks like normal.

Free view HD stuff is OK?

I’m aware SD will likely look pants.

Sorry you want to know whatt non HD looks like on an OLED screen?

It looks fine, Just don’t get too close

Freeview HD is good

1 Like

@coco was down at my place at the weekend, I stuck some wildlife HD stuff on the LG OLED TV. He said it was very nice :grinning:

1 Like

Yea essentially, as we still watch some stuff on freeview I don’t want to go 65" and regret it.

Seriously, I have no regrets, It is a lot of cash and I was initially worried it might be too big and overpower the room but it is fine,
I watch mine mainly through a Sky Q box if you are just relying on the LG Apps I am not sure all freeview channels are available. Best check that you will get all you want.
Hope you are not relying on the speakers in the TV though

I’m in a very similar position, going from a 42" it is a jump.

Not to worried about freeview catch up so just what’s on the tuner will be ok. We only have freeview, not Sky.

It will be using the TV speakers for a while a soundbar will happen in a few months.

Do you mean the built in freeview tuner may not get all channels?

There were issues up to last year which is why I mentioned it.
Looks like 2021 TVs are OK

OK, I’m confused now. I’m looking at a 2020 model which has a freeview tuner, I assumed that means it will get the usual freeview channels?

I would double check, and certainly not rely on anything I say. I haven’t got an ariel connection so have no idea what freeview I have or haven’t got.

1 Like

I think its OK. Quick read on the link you posted and it seem freeview play is a catch up service. I’ve got a chromecast if needs be

My 65 LG OLED looks superb with freeview HD content. Buy with confidence.

2 Likes

Don’t worry about the size either.

2 Likes

I just need to persuade Mrs P that we need a TV that size…

Once it’s in situ she’ll agree about the size. They are so neat / thin it’s not an issue. Getting it on the wall, not too high, not above a fire place or suchlike, high whilst not seeing the wires are the things to concentrate on.

2 Likes

It would nearly fill the distance between speakers, which she isn’t overly keen on.
Eventually it would go in to the back room which will be the TV room, when we finish renovating.

It will be fine, as an added bonus it will hide all that cat and girafffe stuff :grinning:

2 Likes