Samsung QLED

Everyone’s situation is different, for some a purpose built listening room is achievable for others it is a compromised space, for some the only option is headphones.
It isn’t pedantry it is just having awareness that we all have different situations and one size doesn’t fit all

1 Like

Well I have a music room with a TV in, and a TV room with a hifi in :rofl:

OK, I apologise. I didn’t mean to hurt anybody’s feelings. I’m obviously not :snowflake: enough.

Sorry :pensive:

2 Likes

Table football- nice.
Are the big black boxes on the floor amps?
What are they?

I think I’ve won the 65" discussion.
Though due to some unexpected vet costs and an uncertain recovery for my pussy the TV purchase is on hold.
Hopefully funds will recover soon enough to get a remaining 2020 model at a reasonable price.

4 Likes

Mullard 5-20s built by my father in law and refurbed by Haden Boardman/Mike Powell

3 Likes

That’s one ‘corner’ of our main room which also has the dining table and kitchen - the room is 25x30’

The other two rooms downstairs contain a drum kit and ‘stuff’ respectively.

This way I can listen to (inflict) my music on the whole family and use the big speakers for film duties too

Some spot there - talk about eagle eyed :grin:

2 Likes

^This^

I had a 55" Panny plasma that I was going to put in the music room but decided against it and gave it away to a neighbour. I decided to leave the music room to music and the only TV I have is in my living room.

In our previous house we had no option other than to have the stereo and TV in the living room.

I know which arrangement I prefer…

1 Like

Totally get and understand that, but if you can’t express your own opinion, read, own opinion, without offending somebody, then you are heading down the woke / snowflake path.

I, personallty, don’t want to go there. Others may be happy with that, and that’s equally cool.

:peace_symbol:

I had the stereo in the living room in our last house. I have no TV in the music room by choice now. I do sometimes watch things on various Apps on my notebook but in general the music room is for music. Given that I have the space to be an antisocial bastard I have chosen to do this.

1 Like

I wasn’t in any way offended,
You can disagree with someone without being offended.
Next time I won’t bother constructing a reasonable argument I will just cut to the chase and call you a cunt :grin:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Bullshit

1 Like

Fair play Kev. Ignore me mate. Just bad timing with the woke thing.

Spent the last couple of days having to try and unravel a major woke related issue at work.

It’s looking likely that it will cost a client a serious amount of money for, literally, no reason whatsoever.

Second incidence in a fortnight. Stressful and very worrying, in terms of the direction of travel that employment law is heading.

Anyway, my problem, not yours. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Stupid cunts, put a TV wherever you want, you turn it on whenever you want, it doesn’t have to be switched on.

2 Likes

Did it.
Went with 55" LG CX, local Richer Sounds cut a decent deal for us with bluelight discount.
Got the TV, wall mount an Denon soundbar for 1370.

Decided on the 55" as we still watch a lot of SD content and it’s still a decent jump up from our 42" plasma.

12 Likes

I take it the jerk chicken “t cut” on the old screen wasn’t salvageable? Or was it just a good excuse for an upgrade?

Good excuse !

Penance are you happy with the 55inch, I’m considering the same, I’m going from a 46inch to probably a 65inch but think it might be a bit too big.