Scalford Hifi Show 2017 Reboot

I’ll mail it yer.

1 Like

One bit is wonky and wrong, the other bit is isn’t wonky and is right. That is WTF I mean :spy:

The brochure/Member’s Information Pack thingo is clearly written by somebody who is repeating Consumer Marketing 201. Sadly, it is even more irritating than a Twitter Feed. But I digress, there is nary a mention of pies anywhere, so despite the presence of a photo of a Wonky TT, the whole thing is pants.

1 Like

Yeah, a pieless pie show is just totally fucked up…

6 Likes

So you don’t fancy propping up Peter’s running costs with a few pies then Jim?

Maybe they’re negotiating a synergistic link with Pound Bakery, the fillings smell like KiteKat so there’s obviously a strategic monetisation opportunity there.

1 Like

Actually, I feel more sorry for Nelsons - they’ll be well down on takings for that week!

Nooo, I was wrong, it’s even better than Pound Bakery, it’s:

1 Like

Yep, and it sounded absolutely fucking shite…

1 Like

Maybe the fire alarm detracted from the dynamics?

Hope you got your consultancy fee paid up front

36 sachets of cat food and a 2017 Whiskas calendar. :+1:t2:

1 Like

You are being too kind. It was a horrible bright mess.

Ah yes a wondrous phrase ‘strategic monetisation opportunity’ for which there is only only possible response…allow me to deploy an appropriate picture:

:thumbsup:

4 Likes

its very poorly written…

1 Like

Rather sadly the Duvet has had to add people into being exhibitors, they must be scared nobody will fill the rooms.

That’s some bollocks!

Read what it says CD “a critical revenue source”. It does not read “a critical profit source”. Whilst there may be a profit element behind this, its not what was said. Unless taking everything negatively is an essential requirement on here.

There’s been some compromise from what we’ve seen in the prior 2 months, made by the new owners.

As usual there’s a whole bunch of downers on here. Why don’t you get in touch with the new team and offer to organise pies? Or offer to run a raffle? All these things were (essential) side elements but they were run voluntarily - so why not get on and volunteer?

There seems to be lots of goodwill towards a show of some sort. Its the only one we’ve got at the moment, so why not crack on and make it happen successfully?

Duvet added those who had already expressed an interest through the previous process.

:slight_smile:

According to the adim team, they had everything covered. NO volunteers required.
Either the previous shows lost money, the hotel has increased costs dramatically, or they are expecting fewer visitors.
In my case they are right certainly not exhibiting, and doubt I will be visiting.

Using the sunday morning car park chaos as a reason for compulsory overnight stays, at the same times as insisting on the park and ride suggests someone is desparatly searching for reasons .