Second system

I’m now thinking I’ll keep the Young dac and build a second system.

Where this system will live and in which decade this will happen I have no idea.

I already have a second tonearm. I’m beginning to hoard kit. :man_facepalming:

giphy

5 Likes

1 Like

Everyone should have a second system. If your main system is funky, you need a clean, pure second system for Sunday morning chamber music. It just makes sense.

4 Likes

Why stop at two?!

10 Likes

A second system should be mismatched and problematic sufficiently to make you feel good about your first system and prove to your spouse the more expensive first system was a fantastic investment.

12 Likes

:grin:

2 Likes

Reason for second system: room with first system also has telly that is monopolised by Numberblocks and Thomas.

4 Likes

What is this Telly you speak of? No such device should ever befoul the sanctity of the listening room.

(It was 6 hours a day of Dora The Explorer that convinced me to convert my garden shed into a listening room back in dusty old Melbourne).

2 Likes

For those of us who live outside of Bootle, conspicuous amounts of money would be required for such luxuries.

2 Likes

Where the fuck is Bootle? Is it on the other side of Liverpool? I don’t go there because reasons…

Girobank used to be very famous , I am pretty sure it was based in Bootle which is why i know the name

I really like 2nd systems and like Nick [ dartmoor] i agree why stop at 2

1 Like

Sadly I have no room for a 2nd system,so just took the piss with the first

5 Likes

It was, and my Dad used to work there. Also managed to put himself in hospital whilst there by walking through a plate glass window

1 Like

Yes my dad used to train postmasters at the post office and Giro was mentioned everyday

I’ve realised that I’ve also got some spare synergistic research 13amp fuses, mains cables and plugs.

All the tricky, essential stuff sorted then. :+1:

3 Likes

You’ve got to start with the foundations of a good system.

2 Likes

I’ve got the main living room system, a dining room system, a bedroom system, and in the studio, the main monitoring system, and a reference system. Am I ill? Yes, I live on my own, haha! I don’t know, it makes sense to me.

1 Like

That sort of thing would be easy if I lived alone!

My AV system in the lounge demands a little tolerance but is mostly waf.

1 Like