Separate mains feed for hifi

I have the supply split at the meter with it’s own fuse box and radial feeds to the kit. Got it installed whilst house was being rewired at marginal extra cost. I am comfortable with this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Clap is our forum expert on “tuning fuses”” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

thanks @edd9000 he’s local to me too I think, and seems to make nice things in ply, right up my street :+1:

I had advice from a pig that sometimes resides here when rewiring the last place. Separate mains feed and heavier gauge wire + stuff I can’t remember

Bemused electrician followed the instructions then added another normally wired socket next to the ‘hifi’ one for reasons, none of which I’d supplied. Proved handy for comparison.

As a rare member who does sometimes hear differences that others don’t regarding things electric & wire I could discern no difference between the outlets in our implementation.

As for the aforementioned mains conditioners. They made a difference in some respects but over time I began to notice the way they rather squashed dynamics in a subtle way. Sold them on and they may have worked better in another system.

Not heard the Boenicke but they look nice :slightly_smiling_face: Best of luck

1 Like