Settle 2023 - 8th to 10th September

13 Likes

What you bought this weekend

1 Like

Aha…well:

There might be more, but I sort of got a bit pissed… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Edit; this too!

7 Likes

Thanks Dave for organising such a brilliant weekend away. It was great how everyone mucked in this morning and we got the kitchen sorted in no time flat.

When we got back from the Cheese shop it was clear the cleaners were very happy bunnies who would be home by lunchtime.
Some great kit and fabulous sounds. Highspots for me were the IMFs with the valve amp plus . Robs 12 quid wonder playing into the B&Ws.

Sounds wise just how good did Lou Reed Transformer and Paul Simon Gracelands sound.

9 Likes

Thanks everyone for coming along, mucking in and making it a great weekend.

Special mention to Micky for breakfast duties, Jon for doing the Saturday roast, Phil for sweating over the Ooni and Edd for BBQing.
Many thanks to all who brought kit - newcomer Simon’s 4x4 load of IMFs, amps etc. was amazing! Thanks also to those who lent bits - hope that Ed @Tons_of_fun and Ian @Ijrussell will be able to make it up there one day.

I’ll get in touch with the owners soon to check availability for next year. I’ll see if I can get Sunday booked as well so that we don’t have to bale out so early. I have a plan…
Hope that the usual suspects and our new friends are able to come.
Ciao, Dave

25 Likes

Can you guess who’s responsible for this? He deffo gets first prize for originality :rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

On the basis he has a 3d printed badge of the same it must be our very own favourite militant London bus driver :rofl::clap:

Qwality baking.

3 Likes

You could say I was double robbed :+1::joy::joy:Again a pair of Twats but in a nice way !!:+1::+1:

7 Likes

Big thanks to Dave for sorting out the event.

Big shout out to Micky & Jon for some great cooking. Top food. I loved the breakfast & the pork dinner. My stomachs gave them the thumbs up.

Also to Phil & Edd for pizzas & burgers. A fine feast.

It was great to meet up with everyone old and new. A fine weekend was had by all.

First time at Settle and hopefully not my last.

We had great hot weather for the weekend, great for swapping HiFi, listening to music, eating food, boozing, & talking tomfoolery & high jinx.

Some good pieces of kit were heard. The IMF TS80 Loudspeakers, Rob’s cheap as chips Kam turntable & Phil’s M7 pre amp, were entertained the crowds. The cheap Aiyima amp was very interesting.

Looking forward to next year.

I seem to have come home with a boot full of food!

7 Likes

One of the least unexpected statements made on here this year.

4 Likes

Correct area of female anatomy Micky, different insult required.

1 Like

Great weekend guys, thanks so much to @octh for all the things once again, @Mickyricky for all the breakfasts and for being a good sport, @TMC for cooking and the pork, @PapaLazarou for the Pizza and @edd9000 for the cigar.

Lovely to meet our newbies, the IMF’s sounded great in that difficult room, probably the best I’ve heard over the years in there, probably.

The Kondo M7 pre worked its magic!

Random photos:

10 Likes

Further adventures into hifi:

5 Likes

Some of the music I liked:

6 Likes

Discovering Settle:

10 Likes

Fancy dress:

10 Likes

12 Likes

Should have mentioned a very special thanks to @Mickyricky for ferrying me to and from the venue. Top man.

18 Likes

I had a great weekend, thanks all.

6 Likes

Lying awake with an aching shoulder I’ve been reflecting on what a great weekend. I was inspired by Rob’s £12 turntable to propose a competition for next year’s Settle weekend.
Making up a system or system(s) based on the lowest price paid for items. But the limiting criteria is if you are given something it is disqualified.
So here is my suggested offering bought for £4 at the local car boot.

Hitachi by dave_slater, on Flickr

4 Likes