Settle part 3 - 2020 vision - CANCELLED for 2021

Postponed until 2021 because of the virus.
I have had a chat with Enid and have transferred our booking to Friday 10 Sep to Sun 12 Sep 2021. :smiley:
Put it in your diaries!
I’ll start a new thread for it nearer the time. :blue_car: :railway_car: :notes: :guitar: :saxophone: :fire: :sleeping_bed: :biohazard: :fried_egg: :dango: :cake: :bacon: :cut_of_meat: :poultry_leg: :wine_glass: :beer: :tumbler_glass: :bike: :mountain_biking_man: :mountain::person_climbing: :sleeping_bed::biohazard: :dumpling: :pie: :red_car: :railway_car:

13 Likes

Shame.
I thought this may scrape home as things are improving. But that’s through my eyes, not those of a meat man with a slightly higher age bracket and more worries to contend with (generic description, I may add, no one person in mind!).

Thanks for sorting and add me to next years list please (more in support than an actual list! Bit early…).

Tents are the new bake off

There won’t be a vaccine until at least end of year, and a number of those expected to attend are in at-risk groups so really it’s the only sensible option.
I doubt that the sleeping accommodation will even be available this year - they are only allowing camping plus use of barn and loos now.
Neil and Enid are definitely in the at-risk age group too, so they need to be careful. I was glad to hear that they are both happy and well.
Roll on 2021!

3 Likes

Exactly. My perception of risk is way off most people’s baseline at the moment. Work reasons mainly.
I only stop myself as I worry about others. I’d be happy to take a chance this year but then I hear my parents saying they can’t get insurance to travel, and won’t risk not being able to get back into the country, and realise the world has not gone back to normal.

The real kicker is that mass gatherings are now an immediate and significant issue that consumes a lot of time, which was spent on drugs and guns…Things are weird all over the place, and impending raves are up there in priority.

2 Likes

Understood Steve, and respect to you and your colleagues.

Street parties. Raves. Protests.

It’s the new gangsta!

Thanks for the update Dave, disappointing but understandable all the same.

1 Like

Hi Dave, put my name down for this please.

1 Like

Please put my name down for next year.

I’m still planning to come South in September, this year (assuming the covid situation doesn’t worsen) It’ll be a year since I’ve seen my Dad so I really want to do it. My friend/ex neighbour will be coming from Fife and staying here so that she can look after the girls for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Put my name on the list for 2021 :+1:

1 Like

I’ll be up for next year too Dave.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like

Put me down for 2021 Dave please.

1 Like

Please put me down for next year Dave. Thanks.

1 Like

Put my name down when you open a thread next year asking for names :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes please.

1 Like

Yes please for 2021 :smiley:

1 Like

I’m up for 2021 too. Isn’t there unfinished (actually unstarted) business with Ingleborough ?

VB

1 Like

Indeed. Over, under or both?