Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

NVA are doing SIT amps now?

9 Likes

How are they working with the AGs?

Yeah

Sometimes Ignite Terrifyingly

2 Likes

Auto suction then this …What would Poirot make of it all?

7 Likes

Very nice :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Not at all hi-fi, but …

A Sonos Ray, the new-ish “gaming” soundbar. The smallest of the range, and optical - only.

While I’m pleased with my new gaming TV the sound is really pretty weedy, the Ray also gives me easy access to tunes if I want.

Finally a small tax refund from the very rump of my days as a salaryman was suspiciously close to the cost of a Ray, so that sealed the deal.

I’ve mucked about with it for 10 minutes and as with other Sonos products the sound it makes belies its size. And the “loudness” bullshit needs to be turned off immediately :laughing:

11 Likes

Do you have any lag between the picture and sound? I find i’m quite sensitive if they are out of sync and I had issues with my old AV amp receiving a TOSLINK signal from the TV.

1 Like

I only use it for games so there are no close-ups on human faces for lip-sync issues to show up.

However I use a big (older) Sonos soundbar with optical on my main TV all the time and I’ve not seen any issues.

1 Like

Just tried it with some music - the bassier menacing bits of Hans Zimmer’s Dune soundtrack.

In common with all soundbars I’ve encountered, the stereo is poor, hey, it’s a single box. However it’s loud, clear and not lacking in any range. Fine for casual tunes :+1:

1 Like

I’m about to get myself a gaming TV (considering the LG C1 now discounted). I’ve read a few things to the effect that there are problems with soundbars when using HDMI 2.1 for the games console (Xbox in my case) where if you’re using the HDMI 2.1 connection for the console, you have to go through some rigmarole to connect the soundbar and get it to sync with the game, because HDMI 2.1 Audio won’t work alongside the visual. Doesn’t look like you’ve had that issue though. Maybe it’s because you’re using an optical connection instead.

Well looks like there may not be an arm on the distributors shelves and I’m now in the hands of Bob Graham to make one. This might involve a bit of a wait…

Get this and sell it on later when your Graham is ready.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325253963681?hash=item4bbaa59fa1:g:pvgAAOSwEftiwhR1

or this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265735054465?hash=item3ddf0b2481:g:pkYAAOSwrSVipwE~

Mmmm… collection only from Teeside or collection only from Essex :pensive:

You’ve misread. They both offer postage options.

Yes you’re right, it also says collection which I mistook for collection only :+1:

1 Like

This on Wam, I don’t know him in any way but might help if you want SME to see you through. He will post and says open to an offer. Might be better option than the Ebay ones.

1 Like

Mike (Stylesound from the Wam) has umpteen SME arms in his loft. Maybe try and get in touch?

1 Like

For rather less my Graham 2.2 is for sale with HiFi House at the moment. Has probably had less than 100 hours use since I bought it in 2002 as my low compliance cartridge choices meant that my FR64fx was in use almost all the time.

A shiny spining round thing for the 401 from Audiosilente, Rome.

13 Likes