Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

1 Like

For rather less my Graham 2.2 is for sale with HiFi House at the moment. Has probably had less than 100 hours use since I bought it in 2002 as my low compliance cartridge choices meant that my FR64fx was in use almost all the time.

A shiny spining round thing for the 401 from Audiosilente, Rome.

13 Likes

With much thanks and appreciation to Guy, here is the thing actually playing a record (rather than blending a smoothie :wink: )

34 Likes

Be mindful when fitting the bushes that the alignment is critical, if the idler is not free spinning the alignment is out.

Just waiting for a new brake disc, job for the weekend. Will drop the sintered bushes in some oil. Care and frustration await, have lump hammer to resolve any issues😁

1 Like

Mine is close enough to be fine unless you fully screw the top plate down when it drags. Is there any technique for fettling other than tweak, try, swear and tweak again?

A pin gauge is handy - with the new bushes pressed in secure the idler top plate on the carriage (Without the idler - use the pin gauge from the top bush to drop down into the bottom bush - They need to align perfectly which often requires manipulation of the top plate (in a vice bend twist etc)

You may decide to just change out the top bush.

It’s really hard to read sensible posts by you with that avatar :rofl:

a400b02dba945bc773c50c6ec0e31b7dbbfa6c6c

To be known henceforth as the Carrie button :grinning:

9 Likes

I have a bush guide, will deploy👍

Time for some more tool spending then. Do you know off the top of your head what size the bearings are before I check 300 quid at a single use item?

So does MWS.

1 Like

I’m away from the workshop at the mo - Best thing to do would be measure the pins on the idler and get a pin as close as possible in size

Got a call today that Bob Graham is in a good mood and thinks he’ll be able to knock me up an arm by the end of August.

21 Likes

I have a B44 here currently unused been sitting in a box for the past 3 years
Your welcome to make use of it until your arm arrives

10 Likes

. Did not charge me when I wanted to buy an extra arm weight. Top guy.

3 Likes

Bought two brand new and unused Swedish 1980’s record racks. One has been stored in the cupboard for future use.

4 Likes

I would watch those a bit carefully if I were you. They look like they’ll be quite hard on the sleeves. Nice things though.

2 Likes

They are lovely looking things…The crappy news is I see a lot of records that were stored in similar and they can suffer from: The base wires digging into the covers bottom seam, the low support arches also mean that records when stacked may develop a buckle with time (They are held in a tilt mid way under weight on the arches)

1 Like

Great for doorstep toast slices

3 Likes