Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Lol. Some new decent driver for not too much money and refinish. Job done. Only one driver horn loaded though and they are fairly big.

Lopwell system?

Are the dead hf drivers Altec?

Possibly, not sure about the drivers as the horn screws are painted closed - More fun to follow.

My Shahinian adventure continues, this popped up on eBay, so rare I had to take the opportunity to try it out.

Has anyone got a pre pre/DAC/streamer they might want to sell/loan?

Thinking I might like to try a valve pre perhaps.

3 Likes

This…

3 Likes

I’ve got a couple of CA pre/streamers I’m flogging. The DAC in the 851N was impressive.

1 Like

Gone down the DAC rabbit hole having a mini bake off with the BP and a Denafrips Pontus 2
Anyone heard the Denafrip range with the DDC’s

5 Likes

Let us know your thoughts, is that the Pontus that’s been for sale on one of t’forums of recent?

Yeah bought off wigwam don’t think the Denafrips internet furore is misplaced it’s rather good - build quality superb

2 Likes

Heard a Denafrips at @Ijrussell bake off a few months ago, can’t remember the model, but it was good :+1:

I’ve got a DAC8 PRO which is an older model with 8 Burr Brown chips rather than resistor ladders. I use a Mutec reclocker which I think gives a boost to performance.

4 Likes

So August is now confirmed to be 3 weeks time for the Graham Elite to arrive.

The price I paid has been honoured which is good because it was lower than the rrp at the time, and that itself is imminently going to be hiked up to £17k for the 10".

7 Likes

Pm sent

Holy fuck £17k :scream:

1 Like

It has been 3 weeks so time for a change,

6 Likes

I do have a change in mind, thought of adding one of these for diffusion

2 Likes

That is pretty ‘special’

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/uY4cVhXxW64

2 Likes

Believe it or not, I share the same surname as that under appreciated megastar Leee John. I also like to jog in a similar fashion.

1 Like

Can see your tagline changing soon

1 Like