Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Bought myself a pair of used Sennheiser HD6xx, first listen of them and I’m rather pleased.

11 Likes

Congratulations on taking the first step back onto the rocky road…

3 Likes

Back on the rocky road, this arrived this morning.

17 Likes

Yes you’re back.
That’s good news. :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks Tim

1 Like

Innuos Zen Mini mk3, an expensive LMS and squeezelite player

Does sound good though

2 Likes

Great bit of kit, I loved mine. That will get the best from your Sennheiser’s. I took mine to a headphone show and it was only outperformed by stacks that were multiple thousands.

1 Like

I’ve got the 4TB version of the bigger brother (Zen?) which I use with Roon. Great bit of kit. I really like the Innuos ripping and library software, it is really, really easy to use.

1 Like

I was running LMS on an Intel NUC with a SBT but the Innuos OS 2.0 looks really good (when it finally comes out)

I’ve done away with Roon now as the licence expires tomorrow and just wanted a single box solution, that and I’ve got some CDs I want to rip and can’t be arsed building a vortexbox.

PS do you leave your Pandora DAC switched on 24/7?

1 Like

Nope, I never leave anything on 24/7. The Pandora goes on only when I intend to use it.

Having a listen to them both now and I’m very impressed.

2 Likes

You escaped, and then you blew it :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

It’s on for around 8 hrs per day anyway so thought I may just leave it on 24/7. Only issue is I’ve just put some funky NOS valves and on 24/7 they’d be dead in a year or so :frowning:

There is no escape :scream:

6 Likes

That is why I turn the DAC and the phono stage off when they are not in use.

On the Calypso pre the manual states :

‘While in standby, power is applied to all circuits except the vacuum tube heaters. The high voltage supply is reduced to a level that is safe for the vacuum tubes’

Not sure if that is the same on the Pandora/Romulus or on the Rhea :thinking:

Good point. It is more accurate to say I put the Pandora into standby mode when I am not using it. The power supply for the phono stage gets switched off though.

Japanese maple in da house

22 Likes

Good to see you back in Hifi land Mike .Do you want a headphone stand for them …FOC pm me your addy and I’ll post them off to you …

6 Likes

Octa speed is the bestest speed, good to see you back mate :+1:

1 Like