Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

New house office system now sorted.

20 Likes

This is how the room looked when we moved in.
:nauseated_face:

1 Like

:open_mouth: ā€œWhen Your Decorā€™s So Depressing Your Lightbulbs Neck Themselvesā€

Nice to see the Denon all-in-1 in use. Do I (dimly) recall a time, possibly pre-Wigwam on the old HFC forum, when you and I both had the same Denon micros as main hifi? I know I didā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t know that particular one, but the small silver Denon stuff that Iā€™ve heard, has really been very good. I have a friend who has a little Denon amp and CD player, same pint-sized footprint, with a pair of Linn Kans, and Iā€™ve always been really impressed with the setup. Lovely engaging, rhythmically lively sound.

1 Like

Agreed. I discovered too late to avoid a truly futile upgrade path that into a properly sensitive pair of speakers (ideally floorstanders), those little silver boxes can produce a truly satisfying sound :+1:

2 Likes

Good memory, Earl of Sodbury. I really should have just kept the Denon as my main hi-if and wasted money on other things instead. Iā€™m using the Denon as I type and it really is a little marvel.

3 Likes

Actually, Iā€™m vexed now, because Iā€™ve only just remembered a) that I even had it, and b) that I loaned mine to someone yonks ago and whoever it was (havenā€™t dredged the name up yet) never gave it backā€¦

Itā€™d be the perfect thing for my bedroom system! GAH!

1 Like

starts scouring eBay for unnecessary silver Denon bargains

3 Likes

Ganā€™ warily if itā€™s the minisystems - the disc drives die, and are a sod to source bits for.

1 Like

Iā€™m already giving myself a talking-to. I have three amps here needing repair already, all of them decent (on top of the many that are functional). FFS.

1 Like

Just up the road when you want to get them sorted

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had a couple of them over the years (neither of them yours!) and they are great things.
The volume knob can fail tooā€¦

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s where Iā€™ll be going. heā€™s already done a couple of repairs for me. Amazing to have someone that good, affordable and local. Minutes from me.

1 Like

You give us all Hope Nick! :+1:

I have at least 2 (that I remember) really, really dead amps that will almost certainly never be more than paperweights that I keep out of guilt because I broke them; four medium-dead (fairly sure I know what the issue with one is, 3 others are with someone actually-competent), one sketchy pre with permanently fucked remote, and two more probably-hopefully-just-a-dead-valve monoblocs that Iā€™m frankly too profoundly depressed to bother with.

If it wasnā€™t for the portable DAB in the kitchen Iā€™d forget what music isā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve remembered who it is, not a forumite!

Time for a little reminder??

1 Like

TBH, no mate, itā€™s someone Iā€™d rather not have anything to do with ever again.

2 Likes

That doesnā€™t narrow it down much :rofl:

2 Likes

Too fucking right it doesnā€™t!

I will contact them, and say you have sold it to me!! They need to post it! :smiley:

1 Like