Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

What happened to the rega

yep, there’s an Alphason HR100 missing as I haven’t found one yet

1 Like

still got it but will be flogging it soon.

For that to have been truly effective, you’d have needed to bodge a Rega armboard hole to really convince him.

You’re welcome Simon !

One thing I forgot to mention - it works best (minimum distortion) with the valves in the positions they’re currently in. I’ve put little dots of coloured nail varnish on the undersides of the valves - white for the L channel, red for the R. The front/inboard 300Bs have one dot, the rear/outboard ones have two. The nice thing about nail varnish is if you ever want rid of it then it can be chipped off completely with something soft, like a cocktail stick.

VB

1 Like

ah thank you. I took the valves out according to the diagram i supplied - and put them in the matching labelled boxes, so that should keep the order you are recommending.

It might find its way back into the rack tonight…

1 Like

And it did. @Valvebloke, it is sounding great, all as it should be. Thank you again

13 Likes

Yes, they’ve been in a constant work in progress stage ever since I’ve had them. The problem being I enjoy listening to them so delay finishing them off!

1 Like

Been after a cheap dab radio for the bedroom for a while. Then spotted this dirt cheap on fb yesterday. Surprised it was still there.

13 Likes

One of the better DAB systems that.

1 Like

Would like but TalkSport.

1 Like

Only way I can hear the riveting wolves v sheff match.

I just wired up @edd9000 's Aleph amp into the JBL L300s through the passive crossover and it sounds very nice indeed. A lot less faff than digital crossovers, for sure!

3 Likes

Use it with active crossovers. Just get a few more alephs :grin:

2 Likes

Cracking amp for the dosh, everyone needs an ugly sister

Ugly :scream:

Is it the Aleph or the F5?

I know which one is the pretty sister and it ain’t number 5

I didn’t build the F5 case so not guilty :rofl:

I just rebuilt all the innards.

The pretty one is in a box now waiting for the summer dress and no knicker season

Anyway I know Adam loves a minger

3 Likes