Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

1 Like

Add people who don’t know what ”refute“ means to the kill list.

1 Like

LOL, that was my first thought.

1 Like

Well pleased this was worth your trip and a pleasure to meet and chat with you. Enjoy the fruits of your journey.

6 Likes

It’s pretty big but what a fabulous piece of kit which cost me nothing just traded in an EAR 324 and COS D1 pre which I bought predominantly for its DAC but realise now it was the main problem in my system.
Complete impedance mismatch I’ve got tons of headroom now was maxing the COS volume out

23 Likes

And people who don’t know the difference between ‘infer’ and ‘imply’

I infer from that statement that you are implying that you do know the difference. I wish I did. :wink:

1 Like

The failure to use jealousy & envy appropriately is my pet hate.

2 Likes

Lifes to short

4 Likes

‘Imply’ means to state indirectly using allusion or suggestion whereas ‘infer’ is how upper class women dress.
/Uxbridge dictionary

2 Likes

Obvious troll is obvious.

You don’t get me like that, no sir!

200w (6)

4 Likes

Impatient for a DAC so incoming this weekend

11 Likes

The real weakness of my system has always been the pre amp. Currently this is an old technics SU-X860 which is actually an integrated amp with external pre / power links. While I love technics kit it’s not that great and just does the job’ and no more.

I of course have a number of ‘watched items’ on that eBay place and occasionally they send offers to people watching items. I picked up a tissot heritage navigator for a ridiculously low price and a short while ago I got an offer to buy a Tag McLaren Avr32 for under £200 including postage.

I remember back in the early aughts the TM AVR32 was always well regarded as not only an av processor but also as a 2 channel pre. So I thought it’d be rude not to.

Should be here early next week so fingers crossed it’s not fucked or sounds like nails down a blackboard, mind you I lived with a Naim NAC82 for years so anything will sound good.

Anyone use / used one a a pre? Have I made I gigantic fuck up?

2 Likes

Who’s the daddy - the Xtreme 2 that’s who.

Ludicrous thing which I snagged for the same price as the Charge 5 and the added bonus is when I plugged it into my telly for playing xbox games it sounds amazing.

14 Likes

I got the Xtreme 3 For Ellie to take to Uni. they’re ludicrously loud pieces of kit, incredible bass too. Chris the dude gave me a discount code so a brand new one was the same price as a refurb.

1 Like

I had to download a graphic equaliser app for my phone as the bass was a bit too powerful :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Would you say it’s good quality bass though? I have a Sonos One which has amazing bass output for the size but frankly it’s quite boomy/mushy (although it’s playing from my kitchen counter which probably doesn’t help).

Yes very good but I think it’s obviously set up for the 24 hour party people once I tweaked it via the app it was superb as is using it for xbox games.

1 Like

Monster bass = monster explosions ‘n’ shit = job done !