Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Looks fucking fab Nick - they could have been made to order for that lovely room! :star_struck:

2 Likes

It looks “right” Nick, which means it works really well. You must be really pleased with how it has all turned out.

Definitely. I have never had a room before where I can position the speakers out into the room away from side and rear walls and that was a must as far as the room design goes. All in all things turned out rather well.

12 Likes

It’s a lovely looking set up Nick and also looks a great space to relax in and spin some tunes.

1 Like

That Kuzma setup is looking adequate :+1:

2 Likes

Fabulous looking room Nick. Great speakers too. Enjoy!

1 Like

Great looking space

1 Like

Congrats Nick, that looks a fantastic set up in a great space to listen to music :ok_hand:

Also you get the magical tweeter of win :trophy:

8 Likes

Superbly put together @Myrman, can tell the care and attention to detail. It took me a while, but the guitar gave it away :wink:, great period.

The arm is more Springsteen!

2 Likes

Great looking room Nick. Putting it together must have been fun. It looks great and totally fit for purpose. Win- win.

1 Like

New (to me) pre-amp, system has its groove back thanks to a Hegel P20.

I’ve tried closing the cupboard door, but the blue LED gets through.

13 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

I hear lots of very good things about Hegel but have yet to hear any. Enjoy :ok_hand:

1 Like

I sold an integrated Hegel H390 to move to seperates, going on wild bloody goose chase. The P20 seems to have all the good stuff in terms of soundstage and bass definition, but allows me to use a better DAC/source/power.

1 Like

Glad to hear the gamble paid-off :ok_hand:

I have been indulging in the ways of Japanman of late as I’ve got this in and running.

The Platanus 3.0S is appealing on many levels. It has the word ‘anus’ in the title for starters. It then has a numeric indicator that suggests there might be a three litre engine in there too. Built by a ‘young’ (43 year old) Japanman with global availability of ten a month, it actually feels a little practical for true fans of the genre. The body is threaded, it only weighs a paltry 11.5g (a burlier 16.5g version is available for those who want more mass) and it has straight sides, no exposed guts and pins that allow tags to be fitted without recourse to an electron microscope. Thankfully, it claws a bit of credibility back by costing a brisk £5,750. I have to say, it sounds pretty decent too.

27 Likes

Top knurling.

Looks a good fit aesthetically for the Bergmann, which we all know is the most important thing.

5 Likes

I am afraid that Japanman does not knurl. As standard, your Platanus comes with normal bolts. The threaded ones are courtesy of Vertere and are a very reasonable [Checks notes] £120 the set.

1 Like

As good as it undoubtedly is, the two screws in the side are not aligned just so so it’s a no from me.

Curse you and your add-on knurling [angrily shakes fist]

1 Like