Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

M7 for sale here in Guildford (allegedly!!!)

https://www.audio-markt.de/en/market/kondo-m7-phono-preamp-extremely-rare-8359194108

“extremely rare”

1 Like

Seller registered this month under the name of " Maddog" sounds copper bottomed (have an AN Pun)

2 Likes

How much are these things? There’s nothing in it! :joy:

3 Likes

Full of magic, mate.

2 Likes

Bit like one of your suits!

There is a fair amount of silver gubbins under the chassis but I get what you mean, the first time I took the cover off I thought the seller had nicked half the bits :grinning:

3 Likes

Never been on here lol

Phono versions are fairly rare,
The price isn’t ludicrous either really

Same photos seem to have been used some years ago in a Wigwam ad and an Audiogon ad

1 Like

Like cars, watches, postcodes, you’re paying for the Naim :slight_smile:

The Kondo has landed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

Massive, colossal thanks to @sjs for doing such an amazing job getting it back to a proper M7 and that phono stage is just fucking wow, dead silent, bang goes my plan of going digital only.

35 Likes

Fabulous. Best effects box in all of hifi.

2 Likes

absolutely, pretty much everything there plugged into an oscillosocpe would turn Serge into a whimpering wreck.

sounds fucking good though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Laura Marling’s 1st?

1 Like

Yep, great album.

Lovely stuff, congratulations !

1 Like

That ought to be pretty darn good :+1:

7 Likes

Probably the nicest looking one I’ve seen

Would be happy to swap it with a squeezebox classic and cash my way if you do go digital :+1:

4 Likes

@thebiglebowski Are you not using the spring for tracking weight? I think I preferred it to using the counterweight.

using both, set the rough value with the weight and then use the spring to get it exact.