Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

There is the opposing view that the top 19,950 hertz are more important than the bottom 30 (yes, logarithmic scale misused so what).

Maybe it’s an ebook and you don’t know the pages are missing until you start reading.

Or maybe you only read very short books and you mistakenly think you’ve picked up ‘Of Mice and Men’ when in fact you’ve got a vandalised ‘War and Peace’…

1 Like

That opposing view is just wrong.

1 Like

What’s wrong with having the lot ?

VB

I can’t hear the top 9,950 :tired_face:

You are leading me into temptation…

Or maybe an imperfect simile is being taken too literally…

Yeah, that’s it - someone tore some pages out of my simile.

My point exactly.

This abuse of the logarithmic scale is making my OCD itch. Fuckers!

To be more accurate.

1 Like

I still don’t like a bass heavy sound though and if the top 9,950 are missing I can tell, even though my hearing definitely craps out at 10 1/2 k.

Don’t worry - other forms of abuse will be along shortly.

1 Like

Back on topic (briefly) - the Zus came with a choice of spikes or rounded nuts. I’m not thrilled with either, so can anyone recommend some ‘feet’ that will provide stability on a laminate floor?

While I’m at it, I also need some spade connectors (no sockets for plugs on the Zus). Decent and reasonably priced would be good.

Cheers

http://www.evoaudio.uk/superspikes.htm

if you want to contribute to @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion 's black parcel tape and bin bag fund.

1 Like

Thanks

Are they any good? (the spikes, not the bin bags).

Only used the stickon ones for my TT, but they work well. Besides, you know you can trust the judgement of someone with calf length trousers.

2 Likes

ask Pinchbeck Paul (@Mrs_Maureen_OPinion) he supplied me with some nice spade connectors for my amp

As above, superspikes are great, or just the regular spikes, but put the whole speaker on an Argos marble chopping board (a tenner each IIRC). That’s what I do

I do the same but with some Sorbothane pads between the slab and the floor. Works for me.