Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

That and all the extra weight blu tac’d to the back of the arm. Had bad enough heart palpitations fitting it to the head shell so it’s staying that way now.

Good work.

1 Like

NAGA-J phono stage plumbed into Nick’s system and behaving itself this time. So far…

6 Likes

pleasantly surprised how easy it was to connect my old desktop to a jolida using a cheap usb a to b cable . no drivers needed or anything. works like magic

1 Like

I think when we had @Jim 's Gold over here we ended up with a lump of blutac with a couple of M8 nuts and bolts buried in it! :joy:

1 Like

Excellent! Was Clive G the seller?

Lovely cartridge. :heart_eyes:

My guess is Fade to Grey is playing on repeat.

Yep, had a listen to his Tannoys with a Radford amp and it was bloody lovely.

2 Likes

Clive is a gent and knows how to look after things - A great buy indeed!

Well done. See what you can get when you don’t dither :grinning:

1 Like

Voyd 0.5 Reference, Fidelity Research FR64FX and AN UK IO 1

20 Likes

I thought you’d bought a full reference something back?

That is a lovely amp Jez :heart_eyes: are you still using single driver speakers?

I did, it is sat 3 ft away with an AN Arm 1-3 mk2 and an Ortofon MC70 anniversary on it. Thought I would dig the 0 5 out and monkey around with the 2 arms I have never tried despite having them for a few years.
The AN-1s came with the Reference, and the FR was a swap for my old WB Act 2

3 Likes

Yes, I’m still a fan of wide band speakers, I’m currently using these,

Augmented very subtly with a small BK Gemini sub and some Fountek ribbon tweeters.

I also have some of these drivers that I plan to put in an open baffle soon,

Should be fun.

7 Likes

Currently trying to work out whether to use the tracking force dial, counter weight only or mixture of the 2 to set the tracking weight

Totally different presentation to the AN-1s

1 Like

Those LM look lovely, must be a wonderful sounding system. I’m going to get a Gemini on the strength of what you were saying at Ritchie’s bake. :+1:

1 Like

It’s the cheapest sub BK do, the settings are easy to use with it’s LED readout and being sealed it doesn’t interact with my room at the volume I use it, so happy neighbours as well.

It adds weight and speed seamlessly to the main speakers, stringed and skinned instruments that go low don’t sound anaemic, when used wisely I don’t think you’d be disappointed with it’s performance.

1 Like

Lovely, those Line Magnetic speakers are the inspiration for my current speakers.

I’ve had two Gemini subs, excellent little things.

1 Like