Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Nice wardrobes

1 Like

They are not lookers

3 Likes

On the plus side he’s been offered a contract to fit all the changing rooms in Marks & Sparks.

2 Likes

It’s a bit plywoody :slight_smile:

The moths get all shook up.

I reckon he’s got shares in Wickes :smile:

1 Like

http://www.phy-hp.com/diy.html

Some interesting wide OB’s using PHY-HP’s.

I had a pair of PHY’s 8" drivers - They were very good - As were Supravox ones In fact I have tried pretty many of the 8" full rangers out there. I have some 5" PRV drivers in mind now reported good

Today I have ordered a new pair of Mid HF drivers for OB - They are not here today but I am very excited
It’s a whiles since I had new kit here

They boast 3dB improved efficiency than my Alpair12P’s and apparently do not suffer from line array cancelation snags

1 Like

How is OB - haven’t heard from him for yonks…

1 Like

Maybe because his mid HF drivers have gone ?

VB

Yes OB1 was perhaps the last one on the planet to get OB speakers

1 Like

My new power amp arrived from Holland this morning. First Watt F5 teamed up for now with a Nuforce P8S preamp (which I bought for a total different project that never came off).

Literally had about 5 minutes with it at lunchtime (was pissing down so didn’t go for the usual dog walk, set the amp up instead) and I liked what I heard.

Definitely on the hunt for a nice valve preamp now. Given the thread on the M77 clone maybe someone can build me something suitable (no phonostage required!!).

21 Likes

Lovely

Very nice :slightly_smiling_face:. Gimme a shout in two weeks when you’re ready to sell :thumbsup:

7 Likes

The world needs moar heatsinks. This is a good start.

Despite being pretty big it’s really quite light at around 12kg which is nice for my back.
Looking forward to getting those heatsinks nice and toasty tonight.

This looks like the linestage circuit but still requires,a case, power transformer and valves & costs as much as the one with phono.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Douk-Audio-Hi-End-Vlave-Tube-Preamplifier-Stereo-HiFi-Pre-Amp-Large-PCB-DIY-Kit-/272135538525?hash=item3f5c8ac75d:g:pTsAAOSwZVlXiPcV

Very nice amp Paul. You are welcome to borrow my Modwright pre for a couple of weeks if you like.

2 Likes

Is it cheaper to build than the phono version - less parts, less valves, less labour etc?
I know you mentioned your clone cost £350-400 but obviously that doesn’t include your labour costs.