Slaughterhouse

One advantage of private cataract surgery is that you can get fairly sophisticated lenses that can remove the need for reading glasses. When I need cataract surgery (which might be soon, according to the eye hospital), I’ll look into the range of things available like that.

1 Like

Their partner ‘Chrysalis Finance’ are using the rear of the leaflet to inform me of a range of funding options (0% over 12 months or 14.9% over 36 months) to allow me to spread the cost.

Had both my eyes done. Was punted out to a private organisation. Was offered corrected lenses but stuck with standard and free jobbies. Main effect is enhanced colour vision. I can now tell difference between blacks e.g. is that black a very dark brown or blue? My partner has just had her first cataract op in Ysbyty Gwynedd hospital, but then she also has glaucoma. Presumably a bit of cherry picking.

2 Likes

My right big toe nail is now virtually completely off just the bottom left corner is still attached.
Not sure if I should just yank it off?

Doesn’t hurt me when walking but if I push down on it it is pretty painful.
The left big toenail is also coming away from the bed but not as far gone yet - probably just a matter of time.

Still not heard anything about the CT scan I had four weeks ago that was meant to precede some radiotherapy so will call MacMillan nurse first thing tomorrow snd see if she can find out what is going on.

:face_vomiting: Thanks for that

1 Like

Wrong thread —> Crack Snacks

9 Likes

That’s given me a mental trauma that the worst of Steak and Cheese couldn’t manage in 1998. Cheers

I get that, just a fungal thing that the chemist will supply a fix involving faff by giving money to not fix.

I just cut it off and live with it.

Potassium Permangenate, kills everything. Never did me any harm and House Matron swore by it. I was never convinced that gargling with it achieved anything other than keeping us away from her!

It’s a cure all, get in, literally.

Trouble is he’ll end up the same colour as his food :open_mouth:

Just been spending a few hours in a&E. Been wondering for a few weeks why my arm has been hurting and getting worse. Now I know - subluxation of right shoulder :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I had my biopsy done on my prostrate last week, not a nice experience. Results day today and I have just found out it is a none cancerous cyst. To say I’m relieved is an understatement.
Thank you to everyone for the kind words and support.
Going to buy me a lottery ticket I feel lucky today.

41 Likes

Brilliant news !

Sore maybe, but brilliant all the same.

1 Like

Brilliant news. Understandable that the spelling is a bit wonky…

1 Like

@malbec Hope it can be easily sorted, I guess some kind of strapping will be required.

@mmichbam Great news.

2 Likes

Great news Mick. Really glad for you.

1 Like

Result and a great load of your mind.

2 Likes

Great news Mick :+1:

1 Like

Excellent news!!

1 Like

That has buggered the start of the cricket season.
No opening the bowling for you for a while :grinning:

Hope it gets better soon Dave!

1 Like