Slaughterhouse

That sends it a few ratchets back down the worry scale!

1 Like

Well it’s saved me around 110 mile drive, 4 ferries and pretty much all day out of the house, so that’s good but also this.

9 Likes

Went to Kingston Hospital this morning for my scan results. Not good. The cancer was unaffected by the chemotherapy so back to the drawing board. We had a chat and decided to try a new type of chemo this Monday. Less evasive but I will lose my hair and get blood clots but it will extend my life by 3 months. (I hope)

27 Likes

Tough times Dave, best wishes.

1 Like

Good luck with the new treatment.
Hope it does the job.

1 Like

Shit Dave, that really does not sound like a good prognosis at this point.

1 Like

Thinking of you mate and sending my best wishes.
I hope the new treatment works out.

1 Like

Sincerely hoping this one helps Dave

1 Like

All the very best Dave. Good luck with the new chemo. Don’t worry about the hair - being shiny never did me or Yul Brynner any harm.

1 Like

Ah that’s shite. My heart goes out to you. Hope the new chemotherapy is more effective. Hang in there.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that Dave I really hope this new treatment will help.

1 Like

Very best wishes Dave.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Dave, hope the new treatment helps.

1 Like

Didn’t realise it was that bad. Hope all goes as well as it can.

1 Like

That is terrible news Dave. I wouldn’t worry too much about the clots, a blood thinner like Apixaban will probably help to manage those. The main thing is to get an effective form of chemo that doesn’t ruin your quality of life. Best of luck with it all.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine how that must feel but fingers crossed the new chemo kicks it into touch.

You often hear stories of “extend by 3 months” 5 or 10 years later so let’s hope for that as a minimum.

If you need anything please ask, we’re all cunts but like them we can sometimes be useful.

2 Likes

Hope the new treatment helps. Also I know a number of meat men are helping you more directly so a thank you from me to them as well.

1 Like

Best wishes Dave that’s really tough.

1 Like

Sorry to hear Dave. Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

That is a good thing to have.

And now time for the irreverent bit:

There are three ways to go with this.
a) just go with it anyway
b) have a wig to put it back as a business expense (there have been tax cases on this for entertainers previously, where one suspects there may have been funding from Messrs Dwight/Forsyth et al).
c) get something absolutely outrageous as, frankly why not?

1 Like