Small speaker suggestions?

He did say for a bedroom setup in his first post.

Do you plan on doing summat about how ridiculously close the speakers are together Chris?

I’d have thought with ‘em that close together you’re not gaining much of the advantage of what should be decent sounding stereo setup. Even in a near field desktop environment you would typically be able to get your speakers further apart than that. I’ve managed a smidge over 4’ apart for the Adam F5’s in my bedroom & the stereo sound field is really rather good.

Is wall mounting the speakers an option you could consider?

That’s what I’m finding, have got them on low volume to break in for a while, also tried the bungs in which is bloody awful.

Just wire one out of phase and place them together. Turn up the volume.

I’ve got another one of those sets of drawers that I moved into the spare so I could have the snells there. When I can be arsed tomorrow I’ll move them back in and can get the speakers further apart.

Ive still got my MS10i speakers (that i bought new over 20yrs ago) have used them in bed rooms ever since, still sound good. I bet you could get a decent pair for £50 or less on ebay now.
That said the sharp boxy corners make them look a bit dated now. Thoses Q acoustic ones are great if you want to spend a bit more.

I’m sure there are purpose made QA wall mounts too.

1 Like

there are and they are really neat. I bought a pair earlier this week as I relocating my QA’s in the bedroom to either side the TV just need to get some more trunking to finish the job.

3 Likes